Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Aviak

Are you using the shortcut with the patchme targetline?
Old 10-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Large Rat

Lucia, is your PC a dual-core or quad-core Athlon processor? I was having error messages from the login server and also this problem once I got rid of the error messages (see my thread in Technical) last night. I managed to resolve it by the following steps:
1) clean install of Titanium
2) followed falken's instructions for a manual patch shown above in this thread by Lyra
3) set the compatibility mode on eqgame.exe EverQuest.exe and the desktop shortcut to Windows 2000 mode, Disabled Desktop Composition, Run As Administrator
4) Edited the eqclient.ini file with the windowed mode information as per Lyra's post (I used slightly different figures of 1024 and 780 but same for both standard and windowed modes).
5) finally, click Start - type msconfig into run window - Boot tab - Advanced options - Set number of processors to 1 - Apply - Exit and Restart
6) laptop now reboots in single-core mode and I was able to run, login and play successfully.
7) only thing to remember is once done playing, do the msconfig thing again, reset to using multiple processors and reboot - otherwise all your more modern, processor intensive programs will run really slowly.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulminous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lucia, is your PC a dual-core or quad-core Athlon processor? I was having error messages from the login server and also this problem once I got rid of the error messages (see my thread in Technical) last night. I managed to resolve it by the following steps:
1) clean install of Titanium
2) followed falken's instructions for a manual patch shown above in this thread by Lyra
3) set the compatibility mode on eqgame.exe EverQuest.exe and the desktop shortcut to Windows 2000 mode, Disabled Desktop Composition, Run As Administrator
4) Edited the eqclient.ini file with the windowed mode information as per Lyra's post (I used slightly different figures of 1024 and 780 but same for both standard and windowed modes).
5) finally, click Start - type msconfig into run window - Boot tab - Advanced options - Set number of processors to 1 - Apply - Exit and Restart
6) laptop now reboots in single-core mode and I was able to run, login and play successfully.
7) only thing to remember is once done playing, do the msconfig thing again, reset to using multiple processors and reboot - otherwise all your more modern, processor intensive programs will run really slowly.
I don't think any of that will help me because sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't work.

I can add this: It's entirely determined when I START eqgame.exe. This means that whatever it is that's causing it happens when I first run the executable, because once I run it, if it's working, I can log out back to the login screen as many times as I want and it will work fine, but as soon as I completely close the program, there's a chance that it won't work when I restart it.

Edit: I'm now seeing another behavior. When I try to connect, it says "An unknown error occurred when trying to join the server."
Last edited by Lucia Moonglow; 10-02-2013 at 08:41 PM..
Old 10-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

what kind of connection are you on?
wifi/isp/router config if possible.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 10-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Fire Giant

Out of interest, did you use Duxa's installer?

Try a fresh install, use that, and maybe then try using the shortcut that bypasses EQemu and goes straight to p99?

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 10-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Aviak

I think I figured it out!

It's stupid, and it doesn't make any sense, but it seems to work.

Somehow, if I start eqgame.exe with Firefox running, it messes up, but if I shut firefox down, THEN run eqgame.exe, it works.

...yeah, I don't understand it.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Fire Giant

Ok... :P Very strange

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51