Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Aviak

Scum.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fysts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im not sure what classic eq you all played, but as a monk from classic I easily solo'd and could easily solo. Monks damage now isnt par with what it was in classic, nowhere close. Monk with epic right when turn of velious was easily parsing 80-90dps and with full raid buffs counting avatar over 100dps. Monks could give any class a run for their money tanking, and in velious straight up tanking with no disc's were by far, even above warrior, superior at tanking. If you want to call shit classic then you gotta leave it as it was in classic. INFACT, monks got a dps boost in velious and had their damage tables redone.
Find me some parses that show diff class dps for the era.

H
Old 12-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Sarnak

~the things were deleted!
Last edited by Priceline; 12-06-2014 at 10:03 PM..
Old 12-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Fire Giant

Why would you google that..

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 12-07-2014, 02:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zliz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people posting here just spewed out "they deserve it!" with no facts to back it up. I don't understand how this can be patched out of the blue after 4-5 years.

I still think it's very difficult to solo a Monk even with some of the best Kunark gear I can buy (excluding MQs or fungi). I can only do mobs that are juuuust blue and close to high green, and I burn through tons of bandages, have to take breaks depending on the mobs, and most casters are impossible.

I wasn't complaining at all about the difficulty, I just think it is/was difficult enough already.
not sure if serious or...?

probably every question/concern/confusion from your post can be answered by the C word
Old 12-07-2014, 02:11 AM
Sarnak

want to be a dps monk ? Roll a rogue
want to be a warrior that relies on dps to obtain aggro ? buy some clickies
monks were gods and now they are reduced to demi-gods(amg the horrorz)

god forbid you have to play a monk and group with people to gain experience. game is designed for group play

I play a monk and I don't care about a small difference in dps. What you should be focusing on is the change in FD where mobs forget you more often. Instead of being happy about pulling mechanics gain(which is what monks are mainly used for) you complain we can't out dps the pure dps class, WOMP WOMP
Old 12-07-2014, 02:30 AM
Kobold

Even with very high end gear fungi, dragon haste, cobalt armor etc my 20 something warrior is getting creamed by blue mobs now. Obviously even with good gear warriors could never solo well but its pretty obscene how much damage I take now. Warriors always had good dps and good mitigation just spotty aggro. Atm I have neither. The crit nerf was harsh and not classic I think they gave warriors the crit mods for casters because this is not how it was.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime7795 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even with very high end gear fungi, dragon haste, cobalt armor etc my 20 something warrior is getting creamed by blue mobs now. Obviously even with good gear warriors could never solo well but its pretty obscene how much damage I take now. Warriors always had good dps and good mitigation just spotty aggro. Atm I have neither. The crit nerf was harsh and not classic I think they gave warriors the crit mods for casters because this is not how it was.
I just solo'd a vapor golem in CoM on a 47 monk with trance stick, knuckle duster, fbss, and a living fungus robe (trash gear in comparison to what you list). Not sure im experiencing the same thing you are.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just solo'd a vapor golem in CoM on a 47 monk with trance stick, knuckle duster, fbss, and a living fungus robe (trash gear in comparison to what you list). Not sure im experiencing the same thing you are.
Monks have better avoidance than warriors do so all the max hits im taking because ac seems to have pretty much 0 effect. Plus you have capped out pre 50 skills and my warrior does not being only 20 something. Perhaps it will get better in the 40s. Testing the crit nerfs at 60 though it was way harsh many crits not even hitting for max melee. So I guess only time will tell.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:04 AM
Aviak

If people want to argue that melees are worse now than they were on live, that's one thing, but you'll need to offer solid evidence, like confirmed parsings from classic EQ, in order to get things changed.

The people arguing from a balance perspective: Rogean has stated straight up that his goal is to emulate and duplicate classic EQ as much as possible, regardless of the impact on the community. He has straight up stated that he doesn't care about appeasing the player base, or addressing balance issues, or fixing broken mechanics or skills.

Look at the whole sit/stand thing. When was the last time you heard someone say "Man, wasn't EQ way better back when you had to manually stand up to cast and manually sit to camp out?" Never, because nobody ever said that, but that's how it was in classic and that's how it is here, now.

If something was imbalanced, broken, or missing in classic, then it's going to be the same way here if at all possible. That's just the way it is, whether we agree with that philosophy or not.
Last edited by Lucia Moonglow; 12-07-2014 at 04:07 AM..
Closed Thread