Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should both servers be wiped every 993days?
No - I prefer I completely unclassic 10 year time line to gear out my 99 alts 440 52.38%
Yes - I would play on a classic Everquest 993d lifespan server including end of timeline wipe 400 47.62%
Voters: 840. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

I think you’re wrong. People wouldn’t quit, but it would half the server’s current population. Which wouldn’t be a bad thing. 400-600 players on one server would create a nice, tight knit community.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would be largest pop server dude
Which one? The new server? Sure, maybe for a month or two. It would be the exciting new thing. After the dazzle fades, the old timers with literal years invested into their characters would return to original blue 99, probably.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

No, make 2 fresh new servers and have them dump into blue/red at the end of their lifetime.

or teams pvp

or custom blue/red
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:18 AM
Fire Giant

teams pvp please
Old 03-18-2018, 09:39 AM
Kobold

I feel like it would be fun for a little while but ultimately (and pretty quickly) will end up in the same place as we are now. I started with Kunark, so it would be interesting until they re-released Kunark for me, but would start to drop after that. EQ has design flaws, which have been replicated on P99 (as intended). It's just not sustainable.

I would rather see a classic server with bugs fixed and rule changes that focus on sustainability; something that isn't afraid to change but attempts to adhere closely to the vision and intent of classic. I'd love to be a part of building it. But that's just me.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:01 PM
Orc

I still think a green server where it runs the initial releases up to Velious, then Velious opens and runs for a year. Over and over, then wipes, with the option to transfer to blue or red for a nominal fee would be ideal. Seems like it would make everyone happy.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saludeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a limited amount of players here
1k on blue
200 on red

A new server would kill the old server from rerolls, or split the population until one dies.
And a wipe would make some people quit without increasing the playerbase.

The admins gain nothing from either and would have to do extra work.

So a new server or wipe makes things fun again, but it also makes people quit, and what do the admins have to gain? Maybe if they could advertise it and bring new players in.
I love how people say player base drop while neglecting all the fans like me that won't log in. I have been waiting at least 2 years for a new server to pop up so I could play p99. I'm not playing on the mess that is now with epic rogues running around at lvl1 and velious handouts running rampant. I'm sure there are others just sitting on the fence waiting, I personally know a few.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:37 AM
Skeleton

I'd vote "no." I just started after having quit EQ back in 2003. It has taken a month to get to lvl 12. I just now started getting a couple items to help improve my performance.

I plan to play slowly and take a year or more just to get to lvl 50.

Why would I want a server wipe?
Old 03-23-2018, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Because it's not only about you Gary!
Old 03-23-2018, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

reset the sleeper
Closed Thread