Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 02:11 PM
Kobold

Appreciate the help, ya'll. I can see clearly now.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe I'm thinking you don't get a message that the effect wears off. Or maybe it shouldn't have a success message in classic and only have a chance to work..? To the research lab!
Old 03-14-2018, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Bard one for sure says that the target looks sad on working.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

If the Lull line is the same as Live and the range data on the wiki is right (the max levels are definitely wrong), Lull reduces aggro/assist radius to 15 range, and Calm reduces aggro/assist range to 5. Pacify reduces range to 1, but costs twice as much mana as Calm and has a really short duration. Calm should allow you to split most mobs in the game if it's successful.

Lull is not useless like a lot of people seem to be suggesting, it has limited uses when mobs are on top of each other but it's something you will get a feel for. Again if the wiki is right for p99, Lull reduces aggro/assist range the same amount as Harmony does.

Even if the wiki ranges aren't exact for p99, I have both an Enchanter and a Druid I feel like Lull does reduce aggro range about the same as Harmony. The big difference obviously is Lull isn't AOE, it can be resisted/crit resisted, and isn't limited to outdoors
Old 03-14-2018, 10:37 PM
Orc

I always use Calm on my chanter and hardly ever get a crit resist with 255 CHA. Which is why I think you should always use a chanter to do it for your group, if you have a chanter. I've been in groups where the cleric insists on lull'ing and that doesn't make much sense to me since the crit resists roll against CHA. And also because it's bad mojo for the cleric to die, where chanters are used to dying every pull.

The whole line has a fixed duration, so no matter which one you use, lull everything quickly, and pull what you're gonna pull quickly. There's no message when it wears off. My problem used to be that I was using Pacify (which has a shorter duration) and then taking too long to get everything lull'ed, which is a bad combination.
Last edited by TheOutdoorNerd; 03-14-2018 at 10:44 PM..
Old 03-15-2018, 01:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOutdoorNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole line has a fixed duration, so no matter which one you use, lull everything quickly, and pull what you're gonna pull quickly. There's no message when it wears off. My problem used to be that I was using Pacify (which has a shorter duration) and then taking too long to get everything lull'ed, which is a bad combination.
Can confirm, Duration is very important, especially since there is no worn off message. If you use GINA, I recommend creating a timer for the lull durations (can cast on yourself at your current level and check log for timer, I believe it scales with levels.) I did this on my cleric and it worked out very well when I was soloing in the bottom floor of befallen.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is literally zero math, and this is arguably one of the simplest mechanics in everquest to comprehend, short of auto attack.

Your lull's at low level suck. Good luck using lull or soothe for much at all.
Calm is when they become good. Godly even.

End thread.
At 50 on my chanter the level 4 soothe spell is still pretty much the only lull I use lol
Old 03-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Calm no qualm bro
Closed Thread