Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Default On LnS

I've always LnSed as a common courtesy, but here I've found that I'm much more likely to get corpse camped, and if I ask someone I've killed to LnS their attitude is, "Make me."

Why do we do this to ourselves? I don't get any pleasure out of killing you naked, and I certainly don't find it enjoyable to waste my time sitting on your corpse. To me it almost seems like a petty revenge on the person that won, like: "Oh, you killed me? Well screw you, I'm gonna be a nuisance and bore you to death! I don't care how much xp I lose, you'll lament the day you ever won in pvp!"

Can't we just be adults about things, accept when we've lost, loot 'n scoot? What are we getting out of this mandatory corpse camp thing?

I'd like to hear dissenting opinions so I might better understand.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Banned

BREAKING P99 NEWS: Part of the population enjoys griefing other folks

Im sure if u have a nice, calm sit down with Casey and Cast, and explain them all this gently, they will come around.

Because they obviously dont have major RL issues mixed into this
Old 05-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BREAKING P99 NEWS: Majority of the population enjoys griefing other folks

Im sure if u have a nice, calm sit down with Casey and Cast, and explain them all this gently, they will come around.

Because they obviously dont have major RL issues mixed into this
fixed for you.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

If someone asks for LnS and its not an OOC trash talker I grant it.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Every time I have mentioned LnS on 99red, either asking if could LnS or asking others to LnS, the person has responded with "WTF is LnS?" I kind of just figured it was concept unique to VZ and gave up asking on 99red.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Nell, your post presumes that someone who's bind rushing is just doing it to be annoying and waste everyone's time. But what about situations where you can get your corpse back without any help, or get your camp back without your items? For example, if a Bard is rooted with mobs on them and dies, it's not hard for them to pick up some instruments from the bank, run back to their camp, and kill the player who killed them (or even get their corpse, drag it far away, loot it, and kill them with all their items). I think LnS should always be offered, but I don't think there's anything wrong with not accepting it if you can actually win in a fight against whoever killed you.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 05-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nell, your post presumes that someone who's bind rushing is just doing it to be annoying and waste everyone's time. But what about situations where you can get your corpse back without any help, or get your camp back without your items? For example, if a Bard is rooted with mobs on them and dies, it's not hard for them to pick up some instruments from the bank, run back to their camp, and kill the player who killed them (or even get their corpse, drag it far away, loot it, and kill them with all their items). I think LnS should always be offered, but I don't think there's anything wrong with not accepting it if you can actually win in a fight against whoever killed you.
But then bards would just rule the world. Especially in Velious, with the Ancient mez that is unresistable in pvp. Just wait until Nihilum gets all their bards that song :P

A solo bard doesn't LnS because they are forced to, they LnS as a courtesy so the system doesn't collapse in upon itself. I guess I see your point, though. It just seems wrong to me, and the VZ LnS system makes what goes on here look like such a mess in comparison. Worse still, it seems to support the big guys over the little guys, in both camp and raid disputes.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is zero reason for the player base to police itself when the GMs are given the authority to do so.

So you have a vast majority acting like a total shit head up to a certain threshhold (what it takes to get banned / suspended).

And this includes your issue. Also, LnS was usually granted on TZ as well, but if the player had a rep as a shit head, then not so likely.
Wouldn't you rather them out of the zone off doing something else than have them bother you because you're CCing?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie Blossom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't you rather them out of the zone off doing something else than have them bother you because you're CCing?
Sometimes CCing an asshat is very satisfying (e.g., Edvard comes to mind).
Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something'Witty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes CCing an asshat is very satisfying (e.g., Edvard comes to mind).
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread