Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer wineq because it recovers from UAC prompts, where as the native version will only show a black screen until I camp out.
If you don't install into the c:\Program Files folder then you wouldn't have to worry about UAC. Reinstall in something like c:\games or something instead.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

or just right click -> run as administrator
Old 07-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Kobold

I am running Windows 8, I dont know if this information is helpful. Other than that I dont know what a debugger is. I tried deleting and reinstalling wineq2 but had no luck.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't install into the c:\Program Files folder then you wouldn't have to worry about UAC. Reinstall in something like c:\games or something instead.
I didn't say I had WinEQ or Project1999 installed in the ProgramFiles directory, which I do not.

If I am running the native Project 1999 everquest client and ANY UAC prompt occurs, I get stuck with a black screen in the native Project 1999 client, which forces me to camp out and log back in. If I am running WinEQ and ANY UAC prompt occurs, the game recovers and I don't have to camp out.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have my installation in C:\program files or any other "default" windows directory and still have this problem. I'm not sure how accurate this quote is, or maybe I'm just a one off case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say I had WinEQ or Project1999 installed in the ProgramFiles directory, which I do not.

If I am running the native Project 1999 everquest client and ANY UAC prompt occurs, I get stuck with a black screen in the native Project 1999 client, which forces me to camp out and log back in. If I am running WinEQ and ANY UAC prompt occurs, the game recovers and I don't have to camp out.

As for this part, not a solution but a work around, if you choose not to turn off UAC (like myself) you can usually recover from the black screen by pressing Alt + Enter three times on a Windows box. This takes me to full screen (black screen still) then back to windowed and I'm no longer dealing with a black screen.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

having the exact same issue.

"You can not attach a debugger while playing Project 1999."
Old 08-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I can verify this as well, something is causing Red99 to crash saying that debugger message. Hope this gets fixed from either side of the coin, dunno who's patch broke it.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:12 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

Also getting debugger issue, not running any kinda 3rd party program. Been using emu launcher to load instead of eqwindows. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] sad days indeed.

First i couldn't use eqwindows for some other reason i cant remember, now i cant use it cause its saying im running a debugger.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Orc

Looks like Lax reverted all of his changes and we are back to the wineq2 we had before. Works for me now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to regatta

Yep and mine works now too.