Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Default Attention P99 Raiders: Doing massive drop table research project... need help!

Long have I heard that number of drops on dragons and such aren't classic. In my ClassicQuest travels I've uncovered quite a bit of resources that list drop information. I'm embarking on a long term project to analyze loot table drops on all raid targets and make a comprehensive bug report on it. I can only promise to post the truth, some may nerf some may be vastly improved, we'll let the evidence decide.

What I need to know is what is dropping today on P99? Looking for info on drop tables on P99. Example:
Mob [X] drops the following:
2 random unique loots
1 quest item (always)
3-5 spells

or something like that. I don't want to bother with bug reports / data gathering on those mobs if it looks to be working as intended.

If you happen to know of resources that show classic drop info such as old guild websites, news sites, screenshot archives, etc. then please share that as well, I'll put in the leg work. I'm looking for what actually drops per kill, not their complete loot table.

I just browsed the wiki for raid targets, maybe I'm missing some, but I'm primarily focusing on Gods / Dragons, but listed minis and stuff too. If a staff member sees fit to provide this info to me via PM I do solemnly swear to keep it confidential. My interests only lie in making this an accurate recreation of a revolutionary game. Here is the list I've compiled:

Velious:

Temple of Veeshan:
Aaryonar
Cekenar
Dozekar the Cursed
Dagarn the Destroyer
Eashen of the Sky
Ikatiar the Venom
Gozzrem
Jorlleag
Lady Mirenilla
Lady Nevederia
Lendiniara the Keeper
Lord Feshlak
Lord Koi`Doken
Lord Kreizenn
Lord Vyemm
Sevalak
Telkorenar
Vulak`Aerr
Zlexak

(Halls of Testing Minis)
Casalen
Essedera
Grozzmel
Krigara
Lepethida
Midayor
Tavekalem
Ymmeln

City Leaders:
Dain Frostreaver IV
King Tormax
Lord Yelinak

Cobalt Scar:
Kelorek`Dar

Dragon Necropolis:
Zlandicar

Kael Drakkel:
Derakor the Vindicator
Keldor Dek`Torek
Statue of Rallos Zek

Plane of Growth:
Tunare (I know she was fixed recently)

Prince Thirneg
(any other notable minis that drop unique loot?)

Sleeper’s Tomb (including Warders for refresh server):
Master of the Guard
The Final Arbiter
The Projenitor

Hraashna the Warder
Nanzata the Warder
Tukaarak the Warder
Ventani the Warder

Velketor’s Labyrinth:
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar
Velketor the Sorcerer

Wakening Lands:
Wuoshi

Western Wastes:
Klandicar
Sontalak

Kunark:

(Open World)
Faydedar
Gorenaire
Severilous
Talendor
Trakanon
Venril Sathir

(Veeshan’s Peak)
Druushk
Hoshkar
Nexona
Phara Dar
Silverwing
Xygoz

Old World:

Cazic-Thule (pre-revamp)
Cazic-Thule (post –revamp)
Dracolithe
Eye of Veeshan
Hand of Veeshan
Innoruuk (pre-revamp)
Innoruuk (post-revamp)
Lady Vox
Lord Nagafen
Master Yael
Noble Djorn
Nortlav the Scalekeeper
Overseer of Air
Phinigel Autropos

(PoA Minis)
Thunder Spirit Princess
Protector of Sky
Gorgalosk
Keeper of Souls
The Spiroc Lord
Bazzt Zzzt
Sister of the Spire

(PoH Minis)
Ashenbone Broodmaster
Coercer T`vala
Grandmaster H`Qilm
Grandmaster R`Tal
High Priest M`Kari
Lord of Ire
Lord of Loathing
Maestro of Rancor
Magi P`Tasa
Master D`Samni (Does this guy even exist? Photo is suspect)
Master of Spite
Mistress of Scorn
Vicar M`Kari

(PoF Minis)
Dread
Fright
Terror
Old 01-29-2018, 03:04 PM
Banned

I won't lie to you, the list of raid mobs got me a little honry.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Are there any old dkp lists floating around the net?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you Mr. Daldaen for that info! Just to be clear, those are your P99 observations you have in the quoted text, not what they were on live or should be?
Old 01-29-2018, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

I was on fennin ro with the original The Mystical Order and then joined them on Shards of Dalaya (a custom emu much older than p99). Anyways, they were going out of business when I came here, but I had heard someone or someone's has the data from the beginning. That would be the jackpot. I'll see if I can talk to TMO leaders from SoD.

Edit: Posted on Sod
Last edited by Lemonhead; 01-29-2018 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: mor stuf
Old 01-29-2018, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Has anyone else seen a 1 item Statue? I know we got 1 loot from him once but there was talk of a Reaver disarm.

Also, didn’t the recent AW open Tunare yield only one loot from her table + BPs?

Zen
Old 01-29-2018, 08:36 PM
Orc

Cekenar, Sevalak, and Zlexak regularly dropping a single item is dumb.

I don't have actual data to share unfortunately, but I can tell you each of those 3 regularly drop just one piece. No idea if classic, but it sure seems stupid to me for some of the deepest ToV dragons.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:19 PM
Kobold

Did necro epic on live, duo'd most of the quest with another necro while we each 2 boxed other toons (necro, necro, enchanter, shaman). Confirming that Keeper of Souls drops 2 quest items per kill (killed with guild obv since death touch). We had to kill him twice. No black silk cape on first kill, and luckily 2 capes on 2nd kill.

I can not speak for other bosses, but am certain KoS drops 2 quest items.

Sorry for the very tiny bit of contribution to the list but this is easily one of the most vivid memories from back then. Cape was the last piece we needed and we were super happy.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Just in case anyone cared, I believe I am a few weeks away from completing the analysis.

Have to say, I'm not noticing very much difference from what Mr. Daldaen had posted. If those are accurate, devs have done a pretty good job on drop tables.

Some notable exceptions so far is Vulak appears to be 100% guaranteed 3 loots, never seen a 2 drop reported. Someone mentioned drop table seems to be split (like can't get gharn`s + monk headband), but I've seen a drop of Gharn`s + Xave`s + Abashi`s. I've not come across any doubles yet (i.e. 2 Palladius axes from a single kill)

Lend the Keeper's Talisman appears to be 100% drop rate

Some evidence to suggest Yelinak`s Talisman may not be 100% drop rate (could be some human error things, further analysis will be needed)

There may potentially be evidence for 0 drop VP dragons, but I'm skeptical. You see them announce loots from table but leave out some dragon tables, so it appears as 0 drops (could be human error, trash drops, or that loot given to alliance partner). On guilds that have actively crawled week to week I am not seeing any 0 drops mentioned, or even single drops.

Velketor`s Spellbook should not be 100% drop rate until sometime in November 2001 timeline.

Post-Revamp Innoruuk can definitely drop Shattered Emerald of Corruption as well as Eye of Innoruuk (is in addition to normal loot table). I did come across mention of an Earth staff but was a bit inconclusive (i.e. dropped innoruuk but listed all drops from the raid, could have been a mini). If Eye + Emerald still drop, it may be reasonable Mage staff still drops (not sure if wiki is accurate for P99 in that regard, maybe emerald + staff are dropping here).

White Dragon scale / Green Dragon scale seems to drop near 100% off gore / sev, extremely common drop. Only a few mentions of no scale dropping. Hoshkar seems to be more on the uncommon side for scale once it is added to loot table.

Red Dragon Scales are not guaranteed off Talendor / Naggy / Ragefire

Seeing quite a few 5 loot city leaders in Velious, but some 3 loots too.

Interestingly enough, found some mentions of Rogues being able to pick-pocket Reavers off Statue of Rallos Zek. Is that possible on P99? I know statue equips them here, is that classic? Could be a case of only being able to pickpocket if 2 reavers are on loot table (1 equipped, 1 not). Wasn't enough info to figure that out.

Found evidence of Trak and Wuoshi being able to gate, also Wuoshi having a pet (bear) and being able to buff it. That happen on P99?

Wuoshi is a guild bank bonanza, pretty common 5 loot.

Lodizal is capable of dropping 2 shells and is guaranteed 4 loots + ~4 spells, does that happen on P99?

Warders in ST have crazy drop tables, best yet is 5 monk robes + 1 primal (yes, 5 BiS robes, had a screenshot to prove it... called it a monk's wet dream). Were warder's here capable of dropping 5 or maybe even 6 'unique' loots from their tables? Or were they split regularly like 2 unique + 4 primal?

Some other stuff also that I forget. Please offer feedback on the above for those that raided on Live.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:46 AM
Sarnak

You could probably answer your own questions if you ever played EQ, Wedar.
Closed Thread