Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 06:21 AM
Fire Giant

Default Gloves of the Earthcrafter quest lvl req? pog zone in bug etc

I have been watching vindi and priest heads rot for months, Never bothered to even check my druid was tunare I was fairly certain she wasnt and since she was mainly for ports/PLing I didn't waste time on it. Anyway I picked up vindi and another head, Druid is currently 54. Wiki says you need to be 53+ to do the quest, someone else said you need 55+, I tried to go see if the quest giver would respond to me(so I know the quest would work at 54 otherwise im only 20% short of hitting 55) but I can't even zone into plane of growth for some reason-- out of range I get "too far away, get closer" when I am right in range to click the zone in tree thingy nothing happens, relogged several times and nothing happens.

Aside from the bug of not being able to enter PoG(any suggestions welcomed) What about the other priests? do they all complete heal and or gate? malo/slow and a monk tank with fist push should negate that(shaman pet too) I would assume. Can anyone confirm what level the actual quest requires, that has done the quest themselves? 53+ or 55+?

These gloves would be a nice upgrade for my druid since I am going to begin using my own druid to charm farm PoM halflings and other mobs @ 55 to be out of range to 60s.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

They CH, gate, and summon yeah. Both of the 2 priests I killed gated on my team (only had a warrior for push) and we had to chase priest to spawn.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:42 AM
Kobold

I turned in at 53.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

you can fight them at their spawn point to prevent gate
Old 05-01-2016, 04:20 AM
Fire Giant

All is well and good, knocked out 2 of the priests easily before got too sleepy will finish up rest later. However, I still cannot zone into PoG and have 0 idea why. I run EQlite, I may have to try playing it on a full EQ install. IIRC eqlite trims all non p99 content, and i think I read something about it doing something to plane of growth and keeping a few luclin zones and whatnot in for custom events or something. But I would expect my client to crash upon zoning in, not be unable to enter by clicking the tree thingy
Old 05-01-2016, 05:36 AM
Fire Giant

btw not sure if its because my shaman was canni and I kept him sub 50%, but none of the 3 giants casted a cheal or gated away, each died with a malo slow bane pox epic + pet no harder then alice 4 mobs aside from the occasional nuke which i mostly resist.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by syztem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
btw not sure if its because my shaman was canni and I kept him sub 50%, but none of the 3 giants casted a cheal or gated away, each died with a malo slow bane pox epic + pet no harder then alice 4 mobs aside from the occasional nuke which i mostly resist.
You saying you soloed these with a shaman? I'm looking to get this quest started and was planning on trying to get a group together for them.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:07 AM
Fire Giant

Yes, a 60 shaman with somewhat decent gear, mostly kunark. Fungi, lodizal shield, hiero cloak. +wis gear in the rest, nothing too special. torpor/bane/pox/slow/malo, used a hasted pet. I should add I went to help a friend do one of these for his last piece, and it ended up gating for some reason, I guess all depends when mob gets to a certain % if they want to gate, cheal or not. Either way, it didn't gate far, from the spot on the wall it was pulled to, it gated within viewing distance barely still.
Closed Thread