Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

Default Various Druid Questions... I'm So Confused...

My Druid is about to hit 41 and I have been soloing for awhile. I asked around and everyone is saying once they hit their 40+ levels to go over to CoM. I take it with everyone heading to CoM that it would be crowded so where else can I go to group? Now I know I'm a Druid but I wouldn't mind grouping at times because soloing can get lonely at times... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now with soloing, I have just been root/rotting. I should try kiting of some type but I'm not comfortable with it and I may try it in a few levels and when I get more wisdom/mana.

I was thinking if I want to continue soloing then why not make some money doing it so I have been soloing in Feerrott, taking on Specs. I was thinking of jumping a zone over and hitting Rathe Mountains for Giants. I've been using these steps on the Specs and will this work on the Giants? Are these steps OK or should I add or change something to them?

Enveloping Roots - Ensnare - Drones of Doom

So short and simple... Where else besides CoM should a Druid group and whats the best root/rotting setup under level 44?
Old 06-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

For giants in rathe, do this:

Be in wolf form - Enveloping Roots (which will break often) - Ensnare (which won't break) - Drones of Doom - Immolate (yes, they stack) - do the med dance and keep rooting as it chases you slowly.

Other options:
Charm-kiting/root-rotting/grouping (pick up random players for more fun, there are always a few) in OT near the Skyfire zoneline
Charm-kiting/root-rotting in Iceclad near the Eastern Wastes zoneline (dire wolves and giants)
Charm-kiting/root-rotting carefully in Eastern Wastes near the Iceclad zoneline (dire wolves, giants, tundra kodiaks, snow cougars - beware of the griffins)
Grouping in Lower Guk

42+
Root-rotting drolvargs and maybe some pirates carefully in Firiona Vie, along the cliff on the southern edge of the zone (kiting is better but no need here)
Charm-kiting/Root-rotting all blue cons in EJ near a zone wall (please note that not all that are gorilla-shaped are animals...some are undead, identifiable by the patches of red decaying flesh)

All the places I listed are also places you can get a duo going, provided you're willing to chat up people you see.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Last edited by Sorn; 06-01-2016 at 07:27 PM..
Old 06-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Aviak

IMO charm or quad at skyfire ramp in OT. Can make plenty of cash porting, get c, etc. The succulents are a great target because they don't social aggro so you can run way out, snare 4 run back to the ramp and med back to full and you are guaranteed to only get the mobs you snared.

If you get bored quadding, there are plenty of animals to charm in the same location. You can also easily duo here as well. Just a great spot for the variety and you can shoot the shit with people at the ramp while you med.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quad quad quad. Quaaaaad. Bind at the EC tunnel or Karnor's Castle so you can find quick Clarity, then go quad the butcherblock KaladimCitizen faction dwarves until 46 (and make a lot of money doing it), at which point you can buy a Luminescent Staff and do Spirocs in Timorous Deep to get 46-50 in one day.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

I'm going to take this all into consideration but like I said that I want to upgrade my gear and get some more wisdom/mana before jumping into quadding.

I think I'll try your setup Sorn for Giants and Specs. I like how Ensnare - Drones of Doom - Immolate are all one minute so its easy to remember when to cast all three.

Thanks again guys...
Old 06-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Ah, Ensnare lasts 6-14 minutes...around your level it ought to be about 9-10? It should last throughout the entire fight.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 06-02-2016, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

I spent a lot of time in FV at your level kiting pirates and dogs til about 45 or so. Once things start to green out on the cliff/shore, you can move over to the giant camp by swamp zoneline. There is plenty of room for the three giants + 1 frog. I believe it was a 7 or 8 minute respawn.

Really, now is the time to learn kiting, as another said, 45/46-53/54 can be done solely on Spirocs in TD with quad-kiting using ensnare and Lightning Strike.

Once you have the opportunity to use ES arms for drones of doom and lumi staff for clicky quad AE, you will experience the easiest set of levels in EQ. Protip: when quadding with a limited mana pool: Keep Grasping roots up, it will save your life.

If you want to make some money, port when you have the opportunity. You need enough for es arms and a staff - thats going to run you about 8k total. If you focus on porting from EC or OT to the places you can currently fly, you'll have the money you need. If you charm in OT for example, you can bind there, port people and get some exp.

Stop root rotting so you can learn to play your druid. Start quadding, maybe go to velious IC/EW and work out your kinks in charming. The 2nd easiest set of levels in the game is 56-60 in Permafrost bearpits solo/duo with another druid charm killing.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 06-03-2016, 06:44 AM
Fire Giant

Level 41 eh? Go to Oasis and quad kite specs.
At level 45 go quad kite spirocs in timerous deep, stay there till level 52/53. At level 52 some of the spirocs will turn dark green. You can head to raptors in timerous deep till level 53, or just stay there till level 53. That's up to you.
At 53 head to the bear pits in permafrost. Make sure you have your charm spells. Glamour of tunare and call of Karana. You can buy these at EC tunnel or get them via turn in quest in FV. Tactic in perma is charm killing. Stay there till level 60. Good luck!

Edit: once u hit 53 and you are ready to give bear pits a try. Friend me, if I am on I can show u how to get down there. Also, on your journey you will hear a lot of Druid haters. Don't listen to them! Druids are a extremely powerful class if played correctly! Another thing, don't rush to 60, take it slow and enjoy the ride. The journey is what's most fun! Be safe out there friend! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Speedi; 06-03-2016 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: Promote DRU POWA!
Old 06-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, Ensnare lasts 6-14 minutes...around your level it ought to be about 9-10? It should last throughout the entire fight.
My bad... I meant to say Enveloping Roots. That is listed as 1 minute.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 41 eh? Go to Oasis and quad kite specs.
At level 45 go quad kite spirocs in timerous deep, stay there till level 52/53. At level 52 some of the spirocs will turn dark green.
Spirocs at 45 might be pushing the mana if OP doesn't have a huge mana pool. 46 is ideal for non-stop Luminescent Staff quadding.

Level 48 or 49 is when some Lightfoots will start turning green, and at 50 most Lightfoots will be green. At one point I had been pulling around the greens for so long that every spawn in the area was a green Lightfoot. I just left that mess for someone else to clean up. :|
Closed Thread