Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixteenmiles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One question: Why do you snare your pet? Doesn't that mean it takes longer to get to opponents, therefore less time in use before it breaks?
Snare allows you to run out of range on charm breaks and more time to recast charm without getting hit, therefore saving mana since you don't have to heal yourself. If you're charming something that can double hit you for 100+, you will want to avoid getting in melee range. This is especially important if you've used one of the druid pet haste spells.

Cases you would not snare anything is if you're going to be taking your pet along with you over long distances past things that will aggro it, in which case you can try sowing at your own risk. (Just remember that the higher level you are, the faster that thing will run when it's gunning for you after a break.)

Snare won't be quite as important at lower levels as root, but Ensnare is basically irreplaceable since it lasts for so long (~6-12 min) and doesn't come off early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In EK, pull a war wolf or spirit stalker to the guards SE of bridge to NK, let them beat it down then charm when below 20%. Move it away, break charm, kill, profit.
charm hax

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Last edited by Sorn; 04-17-2016 at 05:16 PM..
Old 04-17-2016, 10:53 PM
Fire Giant

Is western wastes a good place for a lvl 53 druid to charm? I just know I'll die if I go to bear pits due to my haphazard play style.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

If you have good giant faction you can try it. Usually most the animals are dead and replaced by Wyverns/Drakes at this point after a repop/patch.

They shouldn't be on the same spawn cycles but they seem to be on this server.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 04-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In EK, pull a war wolf or spirit stalker to the guards SE of bridge to NK, let them beat it down then charm when below 20%. Move it away, break charm, kill, profit.
What the...
Old 04-18-2016, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixteenmiles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the...
Look at your man, look back at me.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is western wastes a good place for a lvl 53 druid to charm? I just know I'll die if I go to bear pits due to my haphazard play style.
There is a finite amount of animals that will spawn in Western Wastes on this server, as the Wyvern's share the respawn table with them. So you will run out of animals unless you kill the Wyverns, which summon. Might also have a rough time if you get Ice Burrower adds at your level.

Keeping Ice of Velious off the streets of Norrath
Old 04-22-2016, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

ok good to know ty
Old 06-11-2016, 02:35 AM
Aviak

Because of all the issues you stated, I used my pet as dps for fear kiting until around 16-17.

1. Charm a pet
2. Snare a victim and sick a pet on it
3. Fear victim
4. ????
5. Profit

You can also cast flame lick for a bit more DPS and AC reduction for more damage from your pet. Snare/Fear are quite low on mana cost so all you have to worry about is charm breaking.

The only factors that decide how long your charm last are: Your level VS. the mobs level and the mobs magic resist which you have no way of knowing.

If you go back to EK I would do this. Focus on the lionesses at first as they are lower level, then once the snakes con dark blue work on those guys for a long time. The snakes are not social at all so as long as you stay out of aggro range of the gorge hounds and other mobs you should be pretty safe. At some point you will need to move on to gorge hounds which have pretty good MR and are kinda scary because of it. At this point though you will have enough mana to deal with an issue and after several attempts you will get pretty efficient. I can't remember exactly what level I left EK but it was near 19-20. After that I felt like I had mastered the technique. Every time you move on to a new zone you will struggle to get acclimated. Mainly due to the mobs being a higher level, but once you get through that first level in a new zone it gets so much easier.

If it gets boring or tedious then switch it up for a little bit. Fear kite/root rot/group/duo or whatever you gotta do to get that sweet sweet exp. My druid is 40 now and I'm quadding until i find a good spot to charm again because I like it so much now.

Good Hunting.