Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

Default Is it possible?

I've been playing p1999 since it opened and have almost every class there is on blue at this point. I really would like to try red but I only want to do it if I'm able to play a Paladin, which I hear isn't very feasible as a non twink. Is it pretty much required to play on red that you start as some easy solo class so that you can twink later on?
Old 09-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Banned

If you can't solo on your character it is tough to get to 50. It is nice to twink enough so that you can solo if you need to.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:14 PM
Banned

If snacks can dam near solo duo his paladin on blue to 60, you sure can here.

Level off low blue almost green cons. The xp bonus here is nice. Rough life as a pallaman but you become a menace... between soulfire , lay on hands , DS , stuns and minor heals you can do it.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:46 AM
Fire Giant

I have done mostly soloing on my Paladin as well, but having a CoF, Fungi and good weapon make that possible. I have nothing on red
Old 09-13-2017, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have done mostly soloing on my Paladin as well, but having a CoF, Fungi and good weapon make that possible. I have nothing on red
You seem like a guy with a high playtime but not to good at eq pvp. Make a enchanter or farm class first then twink out a pally. What will hurt you is ghost town until 56 so you will not get much pvp experience. The good thing for you is a majority of the 56+ crowd now are terrible at eq pvp and just want to raid and loot up.

So you might never get an actual fun pvp encounter other than a 40 vs 13 fight over chicken bones. You will never get awarded chicken bones without a solid blooming onions or pizza order.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

If you join Sanctuary, finding a group isn't too bad, at least during peak hours.

Also people here are much less picky with groups because you get a comical exp bonus for every additional party member. I'd join a group with 5 paladins in it and be happy on red
Old 09-13-2017, 02:29 PM
Large Rat

soloing a paladin is very doable not a big deal at all imo
Old 09-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
soloing a paladin is very doable not a big deal at all imo
Possible but dumb with the insane group exp bonus. Are you dumb?
Old 09-13-2017, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem like a guy with a high playtime but not to good at eq pvp. Make a enchanter or farm class first then twink out a pally. What will hurt you is ghost town until 56 so you will not get much pvp experience. The good thing for you is a majority of the 56+ crowd now are terrible at eq pvp and just want to raid and loot up.

So you might never get an actual fun pvp encounter other than a 40 vs 13 fight over chicken bones. You will never get awarded chicken bones without a solid blooming onions or pizza order.
I am absolutely 100% inexperienced with PvP in this game, so that's true. But if I have to play an Enchanter first to do it, then to hell with it, I'm not interested
Old 09-13-2017, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am absolutely 100% inexperienced with PvP in this game, so that's true. But if I have to play an Enchanter first to do it, then to hell with it, I'm not interested
you will have no gear and have hard time finding groups. if you meet someone in range they will prob be geared and kill you. Your pvp experience will be imba all the way through. That being said it is very possible that you get power leveled by people who just want active players. Then you can get guilded and gear in one raid since pally main.

Another possibility is never encounter a soul from 1-50.
Closed Thread