Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

I still havent been succesfully able to play the game since v49 patch :/ hope to see you all around again soon
Old 09-11-2019, 02:25 PM
Aviak

I hate it (the hotbar thing), but I respect the rationale, and the team that makes this server possible, so it is what it is.

Thanks for all your hard work, P99 team!
Old 09-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

No custom UI? So does that mean we are stuck with the ugly titanium UI which isnt even classic?
Old 09-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Can anybody explain what Green UI having 0 Custom UIs actually means. Are we talking Velious default UI only? Titanium default UI only? Or the super old school original launch UI that I don't see right now?
Old 09-11-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1rh3ad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No custom UI? So does that mean we are stuck with the ugly titanium UI which isnt even classic?
From the look of the patch notes--and barring new information--green'll be using a custom UI somebody made (and which is presently available within the patch files) which mimics the Velious-era interface as closely as the Titanium client allows. It's not actually the genuine 2000-era interface so there's still no fullscreen spellbook meditating or other things unsupported on Titanium.

Danth
Old 09-11-2019, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

I’m very glad Green will stay classic regarding these UI pieces.

It’s a bit disappointing that the complaining by people got them to reinstate the pet window on a server that doesn’t have Luclin, but it’s Rogean and Nilbogs playground so what they wish will be.

Hopefully we have more green UI piece fixes coming in the near future as well. It sounds like Rogean figured out how to close specific windows, I wonder if you can force close item description windows beyond the first one you open up like it was in classic or inhibit the ability to scroll wheel from 1st to 3rd person?
Old 09-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m very glad Green will stay classic regarding these UI pieces.

It’s a bit disappointing that the complaining by people got them to reinstate the pet window on a server that doesn’t have Luclin, but it’s Rogean and Nilbogs playground so what they wish will be.

Hopefully we have more green UI piece fixes coming in the near future as well. It sounds like Rogean figured out how to close specific windows, I wonder if you can force close item description windows beyond the first one you open up like it was in classic or inhibit the ability to scroll wheel from 1st to 3rd person?
You dont even play P99...
Old 09-11-2019, 05:26 PM
Large Rat

Can we force green into the REAL classic ui?
Old 09-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killmiceelf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we force green into the REAL classic ui?
I know Secrets was playing with trying to make the Trilogy client work (it's a lot closer to the classic one), but I haven't heard anything in awhile so I'm guessing it didn't work out.

I think the long and the short of it is P99 has some very smart fans (both former and current staff members) who know emulated EQ very well. These people very much want exactly what you're asking for, and if it was at all technically feasible ... well, we'd have it already.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Large Rat

If it's feasible to force velious ui, it's feasible to force classic ui.

The .dll already has the hook, just need a working classic ui, which I believe exists.
Closed Thread