Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 08:38 PM
Aviak

Double-tap/roll twisting is where it's at. Feel the rhythm. You are a bard, after all.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurflogik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Double-tap/roll twisting is where it's at. Feel the rhythm. You are a bard, after all.
I've got two hands. I'll probably assign some off key on my right hand to be "gem1" Then to get the same effect as "roll", I'll just quickly use right-left. I'll see how it works tonight. Double click will probably lead to carpal tunnel relatively quickly, while "rolling" will seem unnatural and error prone. I'll try a couple of variations. See which one gives me the most consistent twist with the most comfort.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then maybe you should petition the devs so players have to stare at the spell book to meditate if that's what you want. Keep it "classic" with all the stupid shit right?

And removing the need to double tap doesn't make anything faster or more efficient since you're still limited to how fast you can twist according to the cast time. All it does is remove a redundant keypress. Same with removing the meditate button that you're opposed to and mistakenly define as "streamlining"; Which is why I said its vague because even you aren't using that word correctly.
make (an organization or system) more efficient and effective by employing faster or simpler working methods.

Make a system more efficient by employing simpler working methods.

“All it does is remove a redundant keypress“

Remove a redundant keypress = employing simpler working methods.

Streamlining is making something simpler/easier by using better methods.

You want to make playing Bard simpler and easier by employing a simpler method through removing a redundant key press.

Your own words, there is no vagueness here.

Yes it would be nice to make bard easier to play but that isn’t classic and goes against the goals of p99. Many people have spent many hours researching, and in the process, removed a lot of conviences for the sole purpose of making it closer to the original game.

And yes I’d like them to restore having to stare at the spell book as that was also something I remember from years ago, but that’s another limitation of the Titanium client we are currently stuck with.
Last edited by this user was banned; 11-26-2019 at 09:36 PM..
Old 11-26-2019, 09:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same with removing the meditate button that you're opposed to and mistakenly define as "streamlining"; Which is why I said its vague because even you aren't using that word correctly.
I'm NOT opposed to the meditate button, it's classic and I'm here for classic EQ, meditate button, and the clunky bard mechanics.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make (an organization or system) more efficient and effective by employing faster or simpler working methods.

Make a system more efficient by employing simpler working methods.

“All it does is remove a redundant keypress“

Remove a redundant keypress = employing simpler working methods.

Streamlining is making something simpler/easier by using better methods.

You want to make playing Bard simpler and easier by employing a simpler method through removing a redundant key press.

Your own words, there is no vagueness here.

Yes it would be nice to make bard easier to play but that isn’t classic and goes against the goals of p99. Many people have spent many hours researching, and in the process, removed a lot of conviences for the sole purpose of making it closer to the original game.

And yes I’d like them to restore having to stare at the spell book as that was also something I remember from years ago, but that’s another limitation of the Titanium client we are currently stuck with.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even Brad disagrees with having to stare at the spell book. Terrible things like that is not what made EQ classic so great. All they did was make it worse. Same thing with a UI that covers 3/4th of the screen. Some changes are good that don't harm the "classic experience". The problem is that some devs take it too far over the years so you end up with something like retail. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't change a single thing. But this argument wont progress further because we're just arguing opinions.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even Brad disagrees with having to stare at the spell book. Terrible things like that is not what made EQ classic so great. All they did was make it worse. Same thing with a UI that covers 3/4th of the screen. Some changes are good that don't harm the "classic experience". The problem is that some devs take it too far over the years so you end up with something like retail. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't change a single thing. But this argument wont progress further because we're just arguing opinions.
No, it won't go anywhere because you don't understand the definition of a simple word, don't understand what p99 is about, and always have to be right.

Brad's opinion doesn't mean anything when the goal of the project is:

"Our goal is to restore the magic and difficulty of the original Everquest game, including the mechanics, interface, and challenges of Original Content, Kunark, and Velious. Project 1999 is the most popular and most accurate reincarnation of Old School Everquest."

It's not to to create a better version of classic EQ based on what you think should be changed. You clearly have your own vision for a server, go make your own like many others have.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Just catching up, but it seems citizen Hazek has acknowledged he scripts AND ninja loots in the same thread.

Legendary
Old 11-26-2019, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

All these Super Pro bards but I never see any...
Old 11-26-2019, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just catching up, but it seems citizen Hazek has acknowledged he scripts AND ninja loots in the same thread.

Legendary
I used a script that I wrote and was open about it for the reasons I already listed. If I really wanted to I could have continued to use it without them ever knowing. And looting a corpse that's gone public because its rotting isn't ninjaing. If they wanted the loot then they have plenty of time to get it, that's the point of the timer.
Last edited by Hazek; 11-26-2019 at 10:38 PM..
Old 11-26-2019, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I used a script that I wrote and was open about it for the reasons I already listed. And looting a corpse that's gone public because its rotting isn't ninjaing. If they wanted the loot then they have plenty of time to get it, that's the point of the timer.
It's common courtesy to ask, but you clearly only care about yourself and what you want and are always right so it doesn't matter.
Closed Thread