Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You want to tell people who are casual play...you only get crumbs and be happy with it peasant.
As opposed to what else, exactly? What are they supposed to do, wave a magic wand and make the folks hoarding content move aside for you? The only people who can do that are the project admins and thus far they don't seem inclined. Barring a change of heart on the admins' part, all you can do is either enjoy the parts of the game that are realistically available to you, change servers, or quit.

A forum rant isn't wholly useless--if enough people quit, if enough people make a stink over it, changes would likely happen. I don't believe for an instant that if "Green" were to drop from, say, ~1400 peak to ~300 within a week that the admins would sit there and do nothing. Look what happened with pet windows last fall--there was a public outcry and the admins did an about-face. Problem is there isn't enough organization or enough people getting sick of things all at once to make that happen. They leave in a slow, steady trickle, never making enough noise for the folks who matter to take sufficient notice. I don't have a workable solution for that.

Danth
Old 01-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, that's great you have all these things.

Some people don't, this is their thing. Then you come in demanding instant access to things with your little spot of time that they've been sitting at for hours every day.

Not that I'm without family, friends, a career etc - but recognize that.
Maybe the answer is there should be a cap on the time one can spend at a camp in order to give other people an opportunity at these camps instead of people who have near unlimited time hogging the camp at all times of the day.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:38 PM
Orc

I was generally following you until this line of reasoning. High level campers of stuff like AC is as classic as it comes. They have the absolute right to farm this stuff, just as much as you do.

My larger gripe with the merge is of general overcrowding. I have a 4 month old and fairly low/afk playtime. I accept that my ability to secure the AC camp or rubi is probably quite low. I will admit, I was spoiled being able to generally solo in guktop or high keep for premium xp generally whenever I wanted. I just feel like that chapter in being able to waltz into the choicest zones in the game and have some opportunity to participate is going to largely evaporate. And maybe it should and maybe that's classic.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I shouldn't have to wait on level 50s camping the AC, Oggie chief in WK, or alchemist in perma
Ah okay I see now. I'm assuming a lot of your MMO experience has come from games like WoW? Again, this is a non-instanced game. There are positives to that and there a drawbacks to that. The bulk of the players on P99 feel that the positives outweigh the drawbacks and that's one of the reasons we are here. If you essentially want instances (and I say "essentially" because wanting to be able to do whatever you want whenever you want is really something you need instances for), there are many modern MMOs that offer those. If you want instances AND EverQuest, there are the TLP servers put out by Daybreak.

If you essentially want instances AND the closest thing you'll get to actual "classic" EverQuest, well that doesn't exist. Here on P99 you can't get everything you want right when you want it. You don't deserve anything anymore than any other player does.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Maybe the answer is there should be a cap on the time one can spend at a camp in order to give other people an opportunity at these camps instead of people who have near unlimited time hogging the camp at all times of the day.
Maybe we should also re-distribute everyone's wealth so everyone has the same amount of stuff (in both EQ and the real world)
Old 01-21-2020, 06:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah okay I see now. I'm assuming a lot of your MMO experience has come from games like WoW? Again, this is a non-instanced game. There are positives to that and there a drawbacks to that. The bulk of the players on P99 feel that the positives outweigh the drawbacks and that's one of the reasons we are here. If you essentially want instances (and I say "essentially" because wanting to be able to do whatever you want whenever you want is really something you need instances for), there are many modern MMOs that offer those. If you want instances AND EverQuest, there are the TLP servers put out by Daybreak.

If you essentially want instances AND the closest thing you'll get to actual "classic" EverQuest, well that doesn't exist. Here on P99 you can't get everything you want right when you want it. You don't deserve anything anymore than any other player does.
Again you miss Silverfalcon's point about 50's camping mid 30 mobs. Why is this being ignored?
Old 01-21-2020, 07:43 PM
Sarnak

Maybe instead of going to the same zones people have always gone to, they need to go to zones like Splitpaw. And actually adventure. There are plenty of zones out there if you move to them.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again you miss Silverfalcon's point about 50's camping mid 30 mobs. Why is this being ignored?
Maybe you'll answer since the other guy didn't (yet): What exactly is a random forum member like cd288 or myself supposed to do about that problem? I agree that overcrowding issues are annoying, but all the agreement in the world doesn't accomplish anything in the here and now. We can't make those players stand aside any more than you can and they're not breaking any rules by being there. Folks are trying to bring up realistic options that you have control over.

Danth
Old 01-21-2020, 08:04 PM
Aviak

Where's that guy with the signature along the lines of "Anyone with less playtime than me is a casual who can't be bothered to work for in game-gains, anyone with more playtime than me is a hardcore loser neckbeard"?
Old 01-21-2020, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

It really is just a matter of enjoying what you can find available until the population starts to decline a bit in the months preceding Kunark. I do agree with OP regarding it being quite crowded right now.

But this is basically the same thing experienced 20 years ago more or less: Available time vs. available content. Yeah the hardcore players will always have more plat and more gear. Does the time required to acquire all of the pixels generally healthy? Well, no.

Call it pay to play, but you pay with your health and sanity. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread