Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 05:13 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think the ore is in yet on green. And my memory must be failing but I only recall get FS weapon in sol a, though perhaps i never bothered with the lowest elvel trash there, especially if you can walk past them without aggro.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless a druid/wizard and you bind out there, not a fan of OoT myself. You sound like you are getting close to the level you could do some of sol a. They all drop finesteel there and you can even sell in zone to the gnomes.
I'm about past what OOT would give, exp-wise (1 bubble from 28). I did pop into SolA briefly yesterday when some level 60 was pulling the entire zone of Najena at a time so their lowbie monk alt (or box char) could solo it. For 8+ hours straight. So Najena (my previous favorite hunting spot) was out for me

I came in to Sol A from the lavastorm ent, was startled that the goblin wizard could see through invis and aggro'd me from behind a wall. Was knocked off the staircase into the lava below with 2-3 goblins on me, frantically jumped around some lava stream for a few seconds and died under the lava. Was kinda not sober at the time having no effing idea where my body is, not even able to get it because I didn't buy levitate yet and the caster goblins see through invis. So I thought I was pretty fucked. Luckily some super nice bard helped me get my body. Definitely not liking Sol A so far, that was the last time I went in

I did foray all the way to upper Guk to check it out. Anything below a Ton knight doesn't give any exp, the froglock coin drops are pathetic (10 silver, 15 copper) and the trash drops vendor for less than the Najena stuff. So Upper Guk was a bit of a disappointment. There are also lots of people in there 24/7 on Green server so not a lot of opportunity on camps

I'm feeling kinda stuck at this point, since Najena is greening out and getting boring. I'm thinking of getting a port back to NK so I can check out SK. Or maybe even Kunark although my chanter has weak noodle arms and can only carry like 40lbs of stuff at a time, so unless I have a vendor really close to my exp spot I can't make money all that well. I should buy a bag of sewn evil eye (have 3 shralock packs) but I've been prioritizing money on future spells I know I'll need (radiant visage, shifting deeds, etc)
Last edited by unsunghero; 02-26-2021 at 12:48 PM..
Old 02-26-2021, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

I think you learned a lot and at a level where those lessons only cost you a fraction of your exp/time.

1. Don't rely on invis/IvU working. Be happy when it gets the job done.
2. Always have mesmerization up on your spell bar and hotkeyed when soloing a dungeon you don't know.. You need to be able to do AoE stun + mesmerization while blindfolded.(MR is an incredibly important stat to gear for pre level 55)
3. Pathing can be fucky and can screw you so beware/don't be complacent.
4. Aggro ranges can be fucky and screw you so beware/don't be complacent.
5. Don't panic.
6. Recognize environmental dangers such as like steep drop offs, water/ lava and avoid/navigate them properly.
7. always expect the worst to happen. Plan for it.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5. Don't panic.
More like don't explore new dungeons when you're drunk as shit...
Old 02-26-2021, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

28-34 on sister isle will net you 5-7k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

free buffs/heals 100 yards away.

cool breeze of the Oot at your back.

hooker elfs to keep you company during downtime.

idk what more you could ask for!
Old 02-26-2021, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
28-34 on sister isle will net you 5-7k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

free buffs/heals 100 yards away.

cool breeze of the Oot at your back.

hooker elfs to keep you company during downtime.

idk what more you could ask for!
A spot that isn't perpetually camped to shit.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

It's actually not very much different than pretty much any spot on any p99 sever but red heh

Like, think about this, it takes less time to log in, notice someone is camping your spot that you're comfortable with, for anohter hour or so, so you wait.

OR you run to a dungeon, setup a camp, get inside, do all this work, get adds, maybe die, have to zone, etc

In the long run, waiting at a camp like sisters, is less downtime than a night of finding/trying something less well known or new to you.

knawhutimean?

Not that I am trying to discourage trying new things, it's how I figured out my garg strat!
Old 02-26-2021, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

The problem is spending a 20 mins- half hour getting out to the sisters to find them camped, then you spend another 20 mins- half an hour getting out of the zone since there is nothing else for you to do in that level range in OOT.

There are also only 2 high plat sisters. The rest are pretty pathetic for plat.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

I would reccomend binding in Oot and staying there for 4 or 5 days, and by then your 32 and 7 richer, or you are tired of it and you leave.

But you can def keep yourself busy waiting on the sister camp, or just watching SLIDERS on netflix while you sit afk on the list [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oot is a zone every eq player should know like the back of their hand IMO, its a uniquely powerful zone! Should camp the dino, at least once!
Old 02-27-2021, 02:10 PM
Banned

So I looked up possible gear upgrades and got pretty discouraged. While other classes especially melees and priests (but even other cloth casters) have multiple tiers of gear they can progress in, it seems enchanter lacks very obvious upgrades

For example, I can't find anything much better than opalline earrings which come from a lowbie dungeon mob. I can't find anything much better than gypsy medallion which comes from a lowbie mob in the karanas. I understand loam encrusted being so good for their respective slots, so I'll give that a pass. No weapon ever seems to become better than rod of glamour, and no offhand better than crude stein which I bought for 7pp off a vendor

The only upgrades I can even spot are either from the plane of fear/hate (no drop), or else ridiculously expensive for only a tiny boost in stats, such as crown of king trannix or necklace of superiority. I understand gear progression is a game of inches and only getting a tiny bit of stats is how it tends to go, but like I said, lots of other classes have multiple tiers of gear they can progress with. Enchanter seems to have a good starter set, and then be stuck with that until the planes???
Closed Thread