Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Ancient Wurm Hide Robe

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2018, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ancient Wurm Hide Robe

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Added:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Category..._of_the_Oracle
http://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Fashion:_Gray

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Oops, just realized that item shouldn't have a "Gray" tint category. It turns out Lucy (where I grabbed the tints from) had two items both named Ancient Wurm Hide Robe, and one (the wrong one) had a gray tint. Will fix.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

Is that Ancient Wurm Hide Robe graphic taken from in-game?

I'm pretty sure the p99 version is just red, like the Plasmatic Priest Robe.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that Ancient Wurm Hide Robe graphic taken from in-game?

I'm pretty sure the p99 version is just red, like the Plasmatic Priest Robe.
It's definitely just a red blank robe graphic on P99.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Ok removing the screenshot then; I guess we need to stick to player-made screenshots and not use ones from the web.

On the plus side though I wouldn't have noticed/fixed the item's color category without all this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 02-13-2018, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

No it's not p99, remove it sorry.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the plus side though I wouldn't have noticed/fixed the item's color category without all this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Possibly also identified a bug that should be corrected as well, need to do more research.

*EDIT*

Robe graphic being what it is on P99 is classic.

Quote:
Nice resists and AC
#Jul 31 2001 at 9:04 AMRating: Default
Tehom
Sage
295 posts
But no +hp on the robe is painful. If it had +100 HP or so, it'd be a great robe. The real thing I dislike about the robe is how it looks - it is identical to a red senior apprentice robe. Yay.
Last edited by MiRo2; 02-13-2018 at 01:28 PM..
Old 02-13-2018, 01:23 PM
Banned

I want all the newbie robes included here as well.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Possibly also identified a bug that should be corrected as well, need to do more research.
Yeah so the problem is there are A LOT of items, and there's no way I could look at each one by hand. So I had to write a script, and that script had to use the only data source I could find: the Lucy database, which unfortunately also has lots of items from live that aren't on P99. As a result, my script sometimes mistook a live item for a P99 one (eg. http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemlist....wurm+hide+robe).

Mostly this wasn't a problem because even the duplicate-named items usually have the same fashion profile, but I say "mostly" because there likely still several more "bugs" like this one as a result of the above. They're very likely less than 1% of all the items, but still I'd love to get them fixed if anyone comes across one (and it will be much easier to notice when we have more screenshots displaying an item's actual color).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Robe graphic being what it is on P99 is classic.
That is really interesting, because this is the first item I've heard of that actually had its look changed without becoming a new item. If you check Lucy (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemlist....wurm+hide+robe) there are two Ancient Wurm Hide Robes: one is red, one is gray, but both have the "Robe of the Oracle" appearance. However it sounds like in classic the item probably had the http://wiki.project1999.com/Category...on:_Plain_Robe appearance.

Man I really hope this is a unique case (hopefully it's just an error in Lucy's data), because I've been assuming that Verant didn't randomly change the appearances of existing items ...

Last edited by loramin; 02-13-2018 at 01:35 PM..
Closed Thread