Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-26-2022, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that some kinda threat? I've only ever been nice to you Nexii, duno why you hate me so much now.
You support a trash guild that's fine with members being openly racist, misogynist, and transphobic. And VQ blacklisted me for saying so.

VQ's narrative never even made sense. They love competition yet hate Riot for outcompeting them in the past.
Old 08-26-2022, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whathappenedhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, if you think P99 has been trash for a long time and you hate it here, why not go to any of the multitude of servers that is run exactly how you want? Why not join a server with rotations / instances? Why try to change the only server that is unique?
I already have. My guild just got our 3rd Quarm kill last night. It was a lot of fun. Not getting trained constantly while trying to kill raid bosses is a breath of fresh air. I wish it happened more when I was active on p99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whathappenedhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You make it seem like one guy has to poopsock for 29 hours straight to get a dragon. Kittens is probably the largest guild, why not just share the responsibility? Everyone can take an hour. I know plenty of Kittens players who will hold a camp for several hours (looking at you Duegan/Healze in Crypt <3). Why can't these Kittens members cover a tracking role for an hour at a time and rotate it? It seems more like your guild wants nothing to do with the raid scene here, and instead of A) finding a box that fits their playstyle or B) adapting to the FFA raid scene here, they would rather change the entire system... lol.
Obviously it takes an infrastructure of people and resources to sock dragons and raid on p99. There's a big difference gameplay wise to grinding for a few hours in a dungeon, actively killing mobs and getting loot drops, and staring at a screen braindead while you spam your pet attack macro or refresh tracking or sitting on a mage literally just staring at a screen for the mob to spawn. One of these things could be a fun gameplay experience. The other is not.

Quote:
And judging by your last post, you just have a hate boner for VQ because they don't leave up free dragons for your welfare pixels, which I understand. Recently, Riot has been kicking their asses though, if we kill Velk for the billionth time its suddenly okay? But when Detoxx's band of dirtbags does it, we need to change the whole server?
I hate VQ for a plethora of reasons. I haven't played on the server for almost 5 months so I can't speak to what riot is doing or how they've been treating the server. Even when riot was dominating the server for the better part of a year and most of the garbage VQ leadership were off playing WoW or in other non-riot guilds the server was in a much better place.

The difference these days is I think you're seeing the guilds that aren't in the top 2 realizing they could have a much better and fun server where content isn't arbitrarily gated behind a measuring stick that a couple dozen people decide on. The draft has opened peoples eyes to a different way to play that isn't so toxic. There are many ways to experience content and kill dragons and the extremely vocal minority is trying to keep things status quo even though these new additions to the server are wildly popular.

That vocal minority wants you to think that everything should be done in the name of competition. It's the holy grail. What separates p99 from all the other emu servers. But that's bullshit. None of the people spouting competition actually want real competition. You can tell by the fact that Red is the least populated server of all even though it boasts the most pure form of competition there is on the project. VQ didn't want competition. They formed to crush riot and rule at the top just like their spiritual predecessor Aftermath, and many other predecessors before them.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You support a trash guild that's fine with members being openly racist, misogynist, and transphobic. And VQ blacklisted me for saying so.

VQ's narrative never even made sense. They love competition yet hate Riot for outcompeting them in the past.
I can say that people have been kicked for being racist/transphobic and tbh i duno what misogynist is, but anyway! Daewan has been keeping things like that locked down just fyi and has booted people on the spot for saying stupid mean hateful things.

I'm not sure what you experienced when you left riot to join vanq briefly but I am sorry you got treated that way and no one treats ppl like that now, at least since I've been in the guild I have not seen it.

It was not the outcompeting thing that caused the riot hate. The reason was Detoxx wanted to join riot originally, like I've heard them quote, it's only 1 warrior. That's why they wanted to kill riot, cause they blacklisted Detoxx from even having a chance to app based on his repour. That is also why they had an open give anyone a chance policy to join vanquish...which ofc led to getting all kinds lol.

P.S. I love that riot is back and whopping butt again, its more fun when you win knowing the other team was right there at your heels! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2022, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

it's getting so hot in here i wanna take my clothes off
Old 08-26-2022, 06:11 PM
Banned

barks
Old 08-26-2022, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

imagine using the word "toxic" 4 times in 1 post
Old 08-26-2022, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
barks
woof woof! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2022, 06:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please show me where I ever claimed to be a "PVP god"? Spoiler alert: You can't, because I never did. Never played on a PVP server. I don't PVP. I don't even like PVP. The closest I've ever come to PVP is accidentally riposting someone while they were trying to hammer off me. Quit making shit up.

If you haven't figured out for the last 20+ years on Live, Blue, and Green... I roleplay The Shoveler. That's how I enjoy the game. Roleplaying the most incompetent superhero ever with a 4/27 weapon, helping out newbies in Crushbone or wherever. I never claimed to be anything else. When I decided to join the BOTB, I joined it as a funny opportunity to roleplay a pacifist trying to convince my fellow rangers that we were all turned against each other by Innoruuk and we should lay down our weapons. While I got my ass beat. I sent a /tell to my opponent to play along, but he just wailed on me while I was doing my roleplay thing. No biggie, made it even more hilarious!

If you don't see the humor in that, I don't know what to tell you. I thought it was amusing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Regarding "competition" and QQing about it back in BDA: Everquest Blue and Green are PVE. Player vs. Environment. The players here have made it about "competing" against other players somehow like it's an Olympic sport, pounding their chests over their prowess at outmaneuvering their opponents, creating zerg forces, monopolizing raid targets, entire raid zones, or wtfever... which is laughable because the real competition would be PVP over on Red. My point is that they shy away from actual competition in an environment which they would have additional opportunity to outplay their opponents. So the point stands that they don't want actual competition.

We QQ because a subset of players have decided for the rest of us how the game should be played, and what the barrier of entry should be... and then tell us to go play a TLP if we don't like it. Are these players donating more so their voice counts more? What's giving this meritocracy the power to dictate to the rest of us what the raid scene has to be like? Why does everyone scream at me when I suggest the next server could be a casual-friendly rotation server, while those who want to compete can continue to do so on existing servers. Or, maybe it makes more sense to start rotating content on Blue or Green and the new server can be a fresh competitive server to make everyone happy.
i gotta find the old HD with you losing with a level 60 ranger with Sentenza when he was a level 35 sk right after u claimed to be a pvp god .
People screw with you and BDA because when tmo got banned BDA acted like kings of the hill after preaching fair game with other guilds and acted like a bunch of clowns . u where back then a big advocate.
and prime example of pure hypocrite .
Old 08-26-2022, 07:37 PM
Aviak

Croco quote “I don’t like being pressured when playing online games. Me take my time and I’ll assume I’m cool edgy and tough on the internet. “. Allishya needs no white knighting. In my estimation she’s being very civil in this discourse and you’re being a huge cunty mcshittershins. Guess alli presses your buttons. Get some ointment for your butthurtedness.

Nexii insert social justice warrior blah blah blah here. Trained anyone lately on hot mini pulls? Nexii pretending to be something they’re not since nobody cares.

Reason why most these advocates for rotations drafts don’t actual go to tlp or takp is they’d have to start over and they’re not sure anyone there would put up with the constant whinging and handwringing when their treasure chest has leather gloves and not bis.

P99 the home of winners and whiners

Klazdaxthun
Old 08-26-2022, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the draft has been on for a while now so I'm sure they spent all that stacked hot dkp already lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wrong again, sad to see you lean so hard into the heel turn. yikes.