Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 10-13-2022, 01:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Group Enchanter spam

Running my enchanter lvl 16, just moved to green. I set up my usual macros, one of which is /g Mezzing %t, cast #. The message of course is there to hopefully cue other party members as to what I'm up to, and they can choose the appropriate target.

At this level my stun doesn't cover global spell cool down and mez cast times, and there will also be fizzles and interruptions. So group will often get several mezzing messages.

I haven't had any complaints, was wondering what others thought about this. Should I dump the group message till I can get the Rod and am fizzeling less?
Old 10-13-2022, 01:31 PM
Banned

Group spam never bothers me.

If you're communicating, you're making a good effort. I can forgive a little overcommunication.
Old 10-14-2022, 09:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Group spam never bothers me.

If you're communicating, you're making a good effort. I can forgive a little overcommunication.
Old 10-14-2022, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

Do it Chad style,make all into ooc
Old 10-14-2022, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Mine is this format
Cast #
Cast #
Cast #
“Mezzing %t, don’t wake it up” (it’s funnier than this but you have to group with me to read it)

The 3 cast attempts helps with fizzles/interruptions.

Group get get eff’ed if they don’t like the spam.

Side note, I just click the spell gem to refresh or cast single target after AOE mez bombing. Just to cut down on the spam.

At 57 I only use the lvl 4 mez and lvl 16 AOE. It’s a lot more work to juggle but technically safer with the short cast time and less mana use.
Old 10-14-2022, 11:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Never considered the multicast, will try that. Thanks
Old 10-14-2022, 10:24 PM
Banned

*attacks* your mezzed mob anyway
(lol)
Old 10-21-2022, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

^

I figured that out quickly with how often my casting << Charm >> on soandso message was ignored and I wasn't even spamming in chat.

So I don't use any spam macros. People should be assisting the tank and any other mobs in camp are the ones being CC'd. I have a social page with group messages %T has been slowed, mezzed, rooted, etc. and I hit those buttons as needed but they're not on my hotbar.
Old 10-31-2022, 12:09 AM
Kobold

Don't ever use casting macros. Use a macro to indicate your action but don't use the macro to perform the action. This allows you to hit the macro button once and then repeatedly try casting it without needing to repeat the message.

Stick to that and you won't be spamming your group because each message will actually be useful.

The people who use casting macros and then pound the button to get it to cast and spam the same message 10 times for a single mez can definitely be annoying.

In general though, EQ players are used to and I would say sometimes even appreciate the macros -- it's very much a classic EQ thing.