Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

Default Wu's Fist of Mastery

Am I just missing something here? I cannot find a single piece of literature that says this item existed in the game before Velious.

16/22 is pretty ridiculously OP for this time period, am I the only one who thinks that?

I had never even heard of this thing on live around that time period.

Also I find it weird that this item is

A:Non-existent during all of Kunark era allakhazam data (Archive.org)
A: Listed as a velious weapon on Allakhazam, in 2001
B: And then removed from the list of 1h Blunt weapons on Allakhazam, in 2002. (edit*** errr I guess this is probably when they made it H2H weapon.)

I'm sure I'm late to the party on this, but where is the thread that showed proof of this things existence and hence the reason you guys implemented it? 16/22 is velious ratio weaponry, and far exceeds the difficulty for obtaining these things.

Just my 2cp
Old 07-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Fire Giant

Wu's Fist in Main Hand is only slightly better than Epic Fist.

That being said though I haven't ever found any hard evidence of the exact time when the Fist was changed to 16/22.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Sarnak

Maybe Im just jelly.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:01 AM
Orc

Well.. a simple google search for the item reveals many references to FoM as "new" in 2002, though that could simply mean newer. The item entry is listed as 12/16/01 in magelo. Seems pretty obvious that it should be Wu's Tranquil Fists(16/27). Edit - which were the previous reward for the same quest, as I understand it.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

[xDestroy;1014698]and far exceeds the difficulty for obtaining these things.

Just my 2cp[/QUOTE]

Breaking News: Brass Knuckles Aren't rare As Fuck Anymore!?

Edit, POsting From My Phone Which Obviously BastardizEs Posting In This forum

Kolored on Red.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

It's 8% better than epic mainhand at 60, which is huge. Regardless, this is classic.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Upon a review, it appears that the "Wu's Fist of Mastery" was patched in on or around **EDIT** June 2001; although, there is no mention of an edit to the quest or weapon upgrade in the patch notes. The earliest entries and mentions of "Wu's Fist of Mastery" are after this patch. This could either be due to: 1) it was patched in around this date or 2) people were not exactly clearing sky 6 nights a week and racking up 3x efreeti kills + 6-12 Sisters of the Spire each week.

Let's distinguish the quest rewards:

The 16/27 1 hand blunt is the original award to the "Test of Fists" from Holwin/Wu the Enlightened and is called "Wu's Tranquil Fist".
The 16/22 1 hand blunt (later hand to hand) is the upgraded version and is called "Wu's Fist of Mastery", which can be received by turning in your "Wu's Tranquil Fist" or completing the new version of "Test of Fists"

Wu's Tranquil Fist Info:

Earliest Zam snapshot for Wu's Tranquil Fist is April 2001
http://web.archive.org/web/200104202...html?item=3689
As a 16/27 1 hand blunt.

This snapshot includes a notation that "Last updated: Wed Dec 13 18:15:12 2000"

Wu's Tranquil Fist is listed on Zam's list of 1 hand blunt weapons as of the December 16, 2000 snapshot:
http://web.archive.org/web/200012051...llakhazam.com/

But not in the November 10, 2000 snapshot.
http://web.archive.org/web/200012051...llakhazam.com/

Under the Quest entry "Test of Fists":
http://web.archive.org/web/200201141...html?quest=343

Quote:
Last modified on Wed Nov 22 17:25:17 2000
After talking to Holwin, you talk to Wu the Enlightened to get this. I am not sure of the results of this quest. You need:

1. a pair of Brass Knuckles,
2. a White Spiroc Feather,
3. an Ethereal Amethyst, and
4. a Nebulous Sapphire.

The result is Wu's Tranquil Fists (1HB, 16/27)

Wu's Fist of Mastery Info:

The current Zam entry for Wu's Fist of Mastery earliest comment is Jun 29, 2001
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6277

Zam News archive snapshot from June 29, 2001:
http://web.archive.org/web/200111260...date_0601.html
Quote:
June 29, 2001: I'm repeating yesterday's request for voluntary payments for those who don't scroll down, and because it bears repeating and is important: If you can afford it, please make a voluntary payment to cover your use of the site last month. Our expenses are even higher this month because we bought an additional, dual processor server to try to speed things up for you (it finally cleared customs and should be hooked up next week -- whoohoo). Just click on this link and use Paypal, the most trusted payment service on the web, to transfer over whatever amount you feel is fair to cover your use of the site for the past month. Or if you prefer snail mail, you can send a check to: Allakhazam.com, P.O. Box 8035, Wilmington, DE 19803-0035.

As many as 300,000 people use this site each month, with over 80,000 coming here every day, yet the number of people making voluntary contributions numbers in the low hundreds. We generate more than 2 million page views every day, and our bandwidth costs run close to $6,000 per month. I know some of you spend a lot of time here. If you come here a lot, check out the new items, read the thought for the day, post and read on the forums, post and read comments, revamp your character's stats and use any the other features we have developed, think about how much time and effort goes into this and how much you enjoy using it and ask yourself whether this is something you value. If it is, click here and make a payment and let us know that you value our efforts. Even a small payment really does make a difference. (Geeze, now I really am sounding like PBS)

OK enough sermonizing. Now for today's update. In addition to Befallen, Cazic Thule, Velketor's Labyrinth and the Temple of Veeshan seem to have gotten facelifts and upgrades, and some other zones have new items and Mobs as well. Many of the items in Velketor's had their stats upgraded. I'm correcting them as I get the new information. Here are a bunch of new items for you:

New Equipment: Enchanted Teir'Dal Chain Bracelet ; Kelciferous' Armband of Artistry ; Mrylokar's Dagger of Blood ; Feeliux's Cord of Velocity ; Pristine Studded Leather Gloves ; Pristine Studded Leather Sleeves ; Bronze Sigil of T'Vyl ; Ritualist's Gown ; Cast-Iron Mace ; Velketor's Spellbook ; Wu's Fist of Mastery ; Breastplate of Eradication ; Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt ; Imbued Mithril Studded Cloak (Tunare) ;
July 5, 2001 post on Monkly Business:
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...mastery&page=2
Quote:
is the quest pieces listed for the wu's tranquil fist the same things now needed for the wu's fist of mastery?
Quote:
Yeah. In my last update, we had no pictures of the new reward, so I had not updated it yet. Should do soon.
Wu's Fist of Mastery added to the Everquest Weapons and Armor Database in a July 31, 2001 update
http://web.archive.org/web/200108052...adb/latest.asp

Earliest snapshot on the W&ADB is August 6, 2001.
http://web.archive.org/web/200108062...il.asp?ID=4226
Last edited by Ele; 07-03-2013 at 02:49 PM..
Old 07-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Banned

I'd say this easily made it in by the last day of Kunark, which is what I hope the timelines are @ right now.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

If this was retroactively patched, then it is an anomaly. I'd suggest that without more evidence, we have no real reason to believe that it wasn't changed when the rest of the sky quests were upgraded during Kunark.

Considering the 14/28 fists that are common drops, 16/27 seems in line with the original reward. It's not a huge stretch to assume 16/27 was upgraded to 16/22.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Banned

Single item anomalies like that get patch notes in every case I can think of.

We found the Gunthak harpoon, moss covered twig, barbed scale whip etc this way.