Old 12-15-2021, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

Default War of Dragnorox

Old 12-15-2021, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Dragon ernox
Old 12-15-2021, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

They get that name from like a fantasy title generator? Wish them the best of luck.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:52 AM
Aviak

Huh, had never heard of this.

https://www.mmobomb.com/news/new-dyn...orox-announced

Quote:
Well, here’s something that’s definitely different. Today, Developer Triune Studios revealed an in-development MMO titled War of Dragnorox. This game, described as “an ever-changing, dynamic player-driven, true MMORPG”, is set in a world where magic is the enemy and any who uses it must be dealt with in the most permanent of ways. (We’re talking about killing them.) The good news for players is that that doesn’t include you, because you can’t wield magic on your own. The best you can do is use potions or possibly trap magic-using creatures and force them to do all that for you.

The lack of player-used magic isn’t the only thing that makes the game different. In fact, the big feature is that whole “dynamic” thing. Unlike most MMOs, War of Dragnorox has done away with instanced dungeons in favor of a Dungeons and Dragons-style experience where staff working as Dungeon Masters control elements of gameplay through the back-end, spawning mobs and treasure, triggering traps, opening secret passages, and more. It’s definitely an interesting concept.
Part of me wants to scoff at the idea of magic being evil and players not being allowed to use it, but I have to admire the insane levels of ambition here. Instanced dungeons have become the enemy of fun in MMOs, and GM-event dungeon mastering is a truly wild and ambitious concept.

Unfortunately, I am pessimistic about this, because the concept sounds unthinkably labor and time intensive on the part of the staff. Surely so many wages could not be financed from a retro-trip game, no matter how interesting or innovative.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

I don't see any 3D Paperdoll its not Classic EQ at all
Old 12-15-2021, 11:26 AM
Banned

I dunno, allowing players to make the dungeons destroys the difficulty of the game. For every player who constructs a difficult dungeon with appropriate rewards, there will be 10 players who will make a cakewalk dungeon loot piņata. Why not make a dungeon that is a just a hallway where every 10 steps there is some legendary artifact laying on the ground and no mobs?

Edit: trolling would be off the charts too. It reminds me of Diablo I where my buddy and I were running hacks in our “for newbies, easy leveling” custom server where we replaced every mob in the first dungeon with Diablo. As soon as a noob stepped inside they were dead and then their game would crash because the game was trying to load 100 Diablo bosses at once
Last edited by unsunghero; 12-15-2021 at 11:30 AM..
Old 12-15-2021, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Drag no rocks

Drag nor ox

Doctor Agnor Ox
Old 12-15-2021, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsubtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Huh, had never heard of this.

https://www.mmobomb.com/news/new-dyn...orox-announced

Part of me wants to scoff at the idea of magic being evil and players not being allowed to use it, but I have to admire the insane levels of ambition here. Instanced dungeons have become the enemy of fun in MMOs, and GM-event dungeon mastering is a truly wild and ambitious concept.

Unfortunately, I am pessimistic about this, because the concept sounds unthinkably labor and time intensive on the part of the staff. Surely so many wages could not be financed from a retro-trip game, no matter how interesting or innovative.
You'll need to buy a ticket to run the quest/dungeon. Packages start at $50/person.
Old 12-15-2021, 12:47 PM
Aviak

Wow! Its like a very lonely version of Disneyland!!!
Old 12-15-2021, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They get that name from like a fantasy title generator? Wish them the best of luck.
That is what I was thinking.

Pros:
Trailer began with a skeleton
Artstyle is not Diablo 3
Fantasy creatures, races
Text chat window.. (voice chat kills it, learn 2 type)
*Computer User Interface? idk

Cons:
Terrible name.
Some of the art was fruity, but less than D3.
3rd person perspective (didn't see mouse scroll)
The potential that its a modern game with cash shops / tier packages
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll need to buy a ticket to run the quest/dungeon. Packages start at $50/person.