Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 10-07-2022, 03:23 PM
Banned

Default Money Making Strategies for Pure Casters

So I'll probably have to buy my Necro Epic.

Right now, I can farm about 500p/hour. Is that decent at level 57?

I need to raise about 250k. That's like 500 hours of farming.

I guess I could do CE groups in Seb?

I obviously don't expect people to give up their money making secrets, but is it more efficient to go after big ticket items or consistently grind away at getting smaller, easier items to sell?
Old 10-07-2022, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'll probably have to buy my Necro Epic.

Right now, I can farm about 500p/hour. Is that decent at level 57?

I need to raise about 250k. That's like 500 hours of farming.

I guess I could do CE groups in Seb?

I obviously don't expect people to give up their money making secrets, but is it more efficient to go after big ticket items or consistently grind away at getting smaller, easier items to sell?
Depends on what you have the stomach for. Back when I was WFH, it was easy to sit at a camp for a rare named spawn with rare loot ( Hierophant's Cloak, JBB, etc) and just kill 1 mob every 28 minutes.

Nowadays, I don't have the stomach for that shit, so I just prefer passive income while exping. (Gem drops, FS weps, etc)

The bigger ticket items are 100% worth it if you have the stomach. Could get lucky and get a rare spawn / rare drop within the first few cycles and make 20k + in one drop.

Or, you could spend 40 hours at a camp before you get a drop. (or give up on the camp)

Best money making is raiding though. Burn the DKP and then sell the loot in EC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2022, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Could camp stuff like Pained Soul and sell the MQ.

It can go really well...or....not.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could camp stuff like Pained Soul and sell the MQ.

It can go really well...or....not.
How much does that MQ go for?
Old 10-07-2022, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much does that MQ go for?
Few thousand on green. I sold my 3 pendants for 50k total
Old 10-07-2022, 05:15 PM
Banned

Not bad
Old 10-08-2022, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Pained soul seems to be around 10-12k atm on green.
Is a boring if potentially long camp
Old 10-09-2022, 12:04 AM
Fire Giant

Droga can be 1k an hour if you're quick, the skins/salts really juice up the pp/hour. Another way is to buy droppables on raids to sell if your guild allows that.

Raw plat per hour versus rare drops is probably slower, but less streaky. If you're really after the necro epic, joining a raiding guild is a lot easier/faster to get the slime blood!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 10-13-2022, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Droga can be 1k an hour if you're quick, the skins/salts really juice up the pp/hour. Another way is to buy droppables on raids to sell if your guild allows that.

Raw plat per hour versus rare drops is probably slower, but less streaky. If you're really after the necro epic, joining a raiding guild is a lot easier/faster to get the slime blood!
Thanks! Yeah, I considered Droga. I assume the skins/salts are still in high demand? I imagine so.

Yeah, I technically won a roll on a Slime Blood a few days ago...but didn't realize the 'last piece' rule was in effect...
Old 10-13-2022, 12:56 PM
Banned

I used to massacre Sol A with my pet and truck bags of fine steel weapons and that ore that sells to vendors well to the druid NPC outside. I think it was about 500pp/hour-ish

Problem is there’s often lowbies trying to exp in there and I refuse to be a dick and keep killing everything even if I was there first since I get no exp

For lev 54 I was killing these specters outside the EJ zoneline and was surprised to see they sometimes would drop a piece of jewlery that would vendor for like 100+ pp, like star ruby something. Unfortunately it was pretty rare so they weren’t great pp/hour

If you could find mobs that dropped that jewelry on the regular that would be good money tho. I personally would rather grind stuff than sit and stare at a wall for hours camping something. At least with grinding you are actually still playing the game. But yea it’s def less money overall