Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-10-2022, 08:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default First Day Back was a Blast!

Installed EQ this morning. Failed the installation process thrice, and almost gave up but I found I missed a line in the instructions (patching the p1999 files) and finally dove in. Tried an Iksar monk, and loved it. Controls and UI are still needing to get used to, friendly person (only other person in zone) helped me figure out how to leave sebilis. I found the field of bone to be a bit vacant, and my nostalgia longed for queynos and blackburrow.

Rerolled a human monk and found queynos to not only be vacant, but after the regen boost from the Iksar, sitting and waiting to heal as a monk was too painful. Gave up on that fairly quickly and went back to my old main- dwarven cleric. Thank Brell I did.

Butcherblock mountains were poppin! Zone felt vibrant and alive, and tha was what I craved more than anything else. Found an equal level adventurer ( I was 2) that coached me through some of the things I'd forgotten. Hung out with him and his lvl 15 Shaman friend who kept some buffs on us as we grinded it out. Made two friends in my first play session, managed to hit level 5, and overall i'm extremely glad I rejoined EQ via p1999. I tried the live server and it was just...not the same. Everything was too easy, leveling up was a breeze, items OP. I longed for the old days of Norrath and I found what I was looking for.

Shout out to the community and players who keep the game alive. Glad to be back here in Norrath (without a subscription fee to boot)!

Blessings of Brell Serilis upon you, friends
Old 10-11-2022, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome back. Enjoy the grind. Whoops I meant ride.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:21 AM
Kobold

Welcome to P99.

Newbie zones have a cycle from what I have seen in my time.

Leveled a few Iskar toons and zone has had more than 20 fighting for mobs. Then again, just like GFay, can be the only toon in zone.

Have fun with what ever makes you happy
Old 10-13-2022, 12:40 AM
Sarnak

Awesome! Good to know you found a sweet spot! I had to sample a few race/classes but eventually ya find your grind there waiting for you!
Old 10-15-2022, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Qeynos is always quiet. It’s away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of Norrath. Some halflings have even been known to retire there after a dangerous trip through the vast plains of the karanas
Lost but not forgotten.