Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 05:52 AM
Fire Giant

Default Monk : 2 jade mace or Wu's staff + weight penalty

Hey, I just made a monk that I will mostly solo up to level 50 (I have a fungi).

I have these weapons : 2 Jade mace and 1 Wu's Quivering Staff. Which one should I use for better DPS ?

The problem of the staff seems to be the weight (9.0). Is the weight penalty really a problem on p99 ? ( I have 15.80 weight if I use 2 jade maces and 20.60 if I use the staff).

Thanks for your advice !
Old 03-23-2018, 10:38 AM
Kobold

Personally I'm a big fan of dual wield, however much of your DPs will be dependent on your level.

-From 1-19 jade maces will be the run away winner with the damage of the Wu's being capped at 20 then 28
-At 20-29 damage cap is 60. This is where you staff will shine.
-30+ cap is gone.

Most agree that 2handing it 30-50 is the right option, however its really up to you as the player. I had a jade mace/SoS till about 52 and swapped in a peacebringer here and there. However I almost always used the JM/SoS.

Things to consider:
-Faster primary will make better use of the damage bonus
-2hander will help mitigate damage shields / reposts
-2hander will make better use of you reposting

As for being concerned about your weight. With you having a fungi that will over ride pretty much any penalty till you are in your 30's at which point your weight allowance will be closer to not being awful.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:48 PM
Banned

i personally find dual wielding my Addy Club + SoS a more effective setup than the 2 hander when fighting higher level mobs. Since htey're a lot more likely to mitigate my slow 2h swing entirely...
Old 03-23-2018, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Use both (jade maces and WQS)

Though i recommend using 14/18 H2H offhand to keep skill up.

Damage output will be and should be comparable once the dmg bonus is lifted. On the upside 1hb and H2H are fast enough that skill increases should be fast. I recommend keep H2H, 2hb and 1hb all updated as you level.

For the monk with very little finances, WQS is the best investment you can make.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-24-2018, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Wu's Staff. Sell the maces, buy a .1 wt Essence of Dol for 50p and use that for skilling 1hb and hand to hand simultaneously. WQS will out dps pretty much every 1 hand combo till epic.

1-20 it doesn't matter what you use since shit dies fast anyway. Take the dps hit and use the 2 hander. You can sell the maces and get more hp.

Monks can solo to 50 with nothing but a WQS.
Closed Thread