Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Skeleton

Honestly, I agreed a ban on your account is a bit excessive. But, I think the Gm's are just getting tired of rehashing this stuff. Something as simple as NOT naming your character a derogatory word would be pretty obvious.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Kobold

Well who would have ever thought GMs would have a recently made names list and actually permanently ban you for something like that...? And if they were tired of it why wouldn't they just suspend me to teach me a lesson. Its not like they banned me then stickied a THIS WILL BE A LESSON TO EVERYONE post...
Old 01-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How was I supposed to know i wasn't supposed to do it?

I dont spawn with a Tome of This is what offends GMs
How were you supposed to know that using arguably one of the most degrading racial slurs towards black people wasn't allowed? Seriously?
Old 01-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How were you supposed to know that using arguably one of the most degrading racial slurs towards black people wasn't allowed? Seriously?
How was I supposed to know anyone would even care to notice it if no one ever got the chance to see the character??? Seriously?
Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Banned

Eh, worse things happen to better people.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

The fact that you are arguing that you did not know that would be wrong and offensive deserves a ban.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How was I supposed to know anyone would even care to notice it if no one ever got the chance to see the character??? Seriously?
RTFM
It is right there in the getting started thread:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651
Naming Policy
Character names in EverQuest should be thematically consistent with the high-fantasy environment of EverQuest. These guidelines apply both forenames and surnames, and also to the combination produced by a forename and surname. (For example, the first name Clint and the last name Eastwood are both acceptable names separately, but Clint Eastwood is not.)

The server staff can, in accordance with all described rules and ultimate discretion, provide assistance with surname changes, including names with multiple capital letters and/or a single accent grave (`). Examples of this are Kirn V`Last, Harl McTarnigal, Leeza MacTeagan.

The server staff will be happy to change your surnames on request, however we will not provide forename changes unless the name violates the naming policy.

The following names are considered unacceptable.
Vile, profane, rude, or racist names including common swear words, anatomical references, racial slurs, and homonyms of these words.
Above all else, you may not choose character or guild name which, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff, is deemed to be offensive or improper.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
So, you were not planning to play the character, just keep it.. right?

Curiousity is not a reason for stupidity.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, I agreed a ban on your account is a bit excessive. But, I think the Gm's are just getting tired of rehashing this stuff. Something as simple as NOT naming your character a derogatory word would be pretty obvious.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:02 AM
Banned

2 years ago Sirken deemed the names "Strong Dong" and "Squirty Vagina" were both creative and funny, so instead of changing there names he changed Timtebows.

RIP TIMTEBOW never forget never forgive
Closed Thread