Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 05:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By far one of the most thrilling and heart breaking plat making guides on p99...
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=277707
PURE GOLD.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:03 AM
Fire Giant

I think one day platinum will collapse
Old 01-31-2018, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Looting vendor trash is a pretty decent way to make plat while leveling. When I ran my bard through the typical lvling route in MM, i noticed that almost nobody looted anything. We would have 15+ unlooted corpses and they would eventually rot before being looted. I probably made around 4k just vendoring crap dropped from appropriate lvl NPCs from 30-39 in MM.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

I am proud to have been the rogue to share my story of boosting a star sapphire from a seafury and thus providing the great Borgnach with the information for his famous heist: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=65

I only ever PPed unengaged ones though, which is....less lucrative. Its been a while since I did any pickpocketing now that I'm in my 50's though. IIRC the 45 level cap on mob level for pickpocketing purposes raises by 1 per level over 50. I should see if I can Pickpocket the Allizewsaur one of these days now that I'm over 55.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Farming that fine steel. Try not to go insane.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Kiston x 20,000
Old 01-31-2018, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Farming the robe of the lost circle/robe of the whistling fists. One day I was farming around Lguk like I always did and I ran out of camps. Decided to take a peak at Raster. He was up! Killed him and got the idol. Sweet. I had done the Monk epic already and knew the rest to get the robe was pretty easy and just a little bit of running around. Got the robe of the lost circle and figured out there was a huge market for these and sold the MQ for 50k+. Ended up rinsing and repeating that about 10 times.

The main thing was there was all this stigma behind the Raster camp. All the horror stories from back in the day where people camped him for days and days on end to no avail. But on this server at least, it was just like any other camp. Sometimes you got him in a couple hours, sometimes it took like 8+. And once you got the idol you just had to run around for a few hours and you got a 50k MQ item.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reguiy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Farming the robe of the lost circle/robe of the whistling fists. One day I was farming around Lguk like I always did and I ran out of camps. Decided to take a peak at Raster. He was up! Killed him and got the idol. Sweet. I had done the Monk epic already and knew the rest to get the robe was pretty easy and just a little bit of running around. Got the robe of the lost circle and figured out there was a huge market for these and sold the MQ for 50k+. Ended up rinsing and repeating that about 10 times.

The main thing was there was all this stigma behind the Raster camp. All the horror stories from back in the day where people camped him for days and days on end to no avail. But on this server at least, it was just like any other camp. Sometimes you got him in a couple hours, sometimes it took like 8+. And once you got the idol you just had to run around for a few hours and you got a 50k MQ item.
I found Targin the Rock up and have been thinking about completing it just for the fun of it on my monk but damn it seems terrible. I did it once before and Raster took forever.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found Targin the Rock up and have been thinking about completing it just for the fun of it on my monk but damn it seems terrible. I did it once before and Raster took forever.
It's honestly no worse than a fbss camp or something similar. I believe all the highest tier loot camps in this game have a similar spawn/drop rate. But I did a quick search after I wrote that comment and found that they're selling for considerably less these days to the point where it would probably be more efficient to camp something else and sell that item to buy the MQ.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Got my monk up to level 55, and a wonderful fella named Lennox showed me how to pull king in Sebilis. Won the first 3 fungi's i ever saw drop. After that, Twochain was pretty much perma parked in sebilis to farm fungi's until I joined Aftermath. Was a lot of fun. Definitely sold my soul to that camp for a while lmao.. i've probably won over 20 fungi's. Monk is the best character to do this camp with imo, as a good monk is needed for the camp first and foremost. On top of that, you can tank, and also DPS for the group. And if you make a good name for yourself as a competent puller, a spot is almost ALWAYS available to you. It got to the point where I would login, /ooc "TWOOOOCHAINNNNNNNNNNNN" and get a group offer.

Crazily enough, out of ALL the time i've spent in Sebilis over 3-4 characters, I've only seen ONE cobalt bracer drop, and ZERO, ZERO! Haste items (RBG/SBC)

EDIT: Now that Twochain is perma parked in ToV, I use my enchanter to farm velk when I need plats =)
Last edited by Twochain; 01-31-2018 at 04:58 PM..
Closed Thread