Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a sour taste in my mouth from this style of play

Think i was between guilds and RL friends werent playing..so i load up that server for a fresh start and see whats happenin.
DAY 1: create DE necro...constantly one shotted for about an hour
*log off for the day*
DAY 2 : go back and get one shooted by the same MFer for another hour
*log back on VZ for revenge*
*3 days later i go back*
DAY 3: log in my necro... some other douche one shotting people
but i make it to EC, find a orc group. where people passing thru zone would come one shot us lol
*wait a week*
DAY 4: log on necro to start getting one shotted again (im thinking wtf?)
create wood elf to try a new area - get one shotted by some gnome wizards for a bit running around kelethin rooftops
*say fook this server*

imo this kind of griefing doesnt even give people a chance to enjoy it..much less get a foothold for your character. woulda been cool if i had got some levels under my belt and could move around (think i got to about level 8 between all the CRs lol)
idk, maybe i had the worst luck
but either way, it sucked imo
i did get some minor levels in 4 days. and had i stuck it out, it might have been cool
but there was just to much griefing happenin everywhere i went, so im not a fan of open FFA
id rather have a +/- system in place for the new player transition

on a side note: did have a couple white knights roll thru and demolish the griefers
but the knights didnt stay long...maybe 10-20mins then the griefers came right back so /shrug
I dunno, I played on Sullon Zek at release (the only everquest server with this enabled) and I never had this experience, even once. Even after quitting for a long while and then coming back again way behind the curve this was never my experience.

I am not saying it didn't happen. There are always going to be tools doing this. The only difference on a level restricted server is that someone with massive cash can twink the living fuck out of a monk, and have him slaughter everyone even close to his level and go around raping noobs. On a non-level restricted server any decent human being of a higher level passing by can drop this motherfucker like a bad habit. On a level restricted server you are going to have to find someone of equal twinkitude to take him out. The smaller the level range, the worse this becomes.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned

Pvp without loot is not CLASSIC and I will not be playing a pussie style of EQ pvp.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Just to clear a myth up: item loot, especially at higher levels, does not mean everyone is running around naked. Back on Rallos, the good players always wore gear. Some people ran around with Fungi tunics. (not exactly naked). Did they die and lose their gear? Yeah sometimes. But running around naked meant you had zero chance of winning against anyone.

And heres an idea. Make lots of friends and play with them. I always wore the best gear I could find when I was running with my guild. It added so much intensity and risk to the game. And ironically, with good gear on (more at risk), the risk goes down because you are so much harder to kill.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to clear a myth up: item loot, especially at higher levels, does not mean everyone is running around naked. Back on Rallos, the good players always wore gear. Some people ran around with Fungi tunics. (not exactly naked). Did they die and lose their gear? Yeah sometimes. But running around naked meant you had zero chance of winning against anyone.

And heres an idea. Make lots of friends and play with them. I always wore the best gear I could find when I was running with my guild. It added so much intensity and risk to the game. And ironically, with good gear on (more at risk), the risk goes down because you are so much harder to kill.
I Agree
Old 09-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Project Manager

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Banned

I've been very uninvolved in this debate, but my first question is there a chance to use old RZ rules and have it be FFA for the corpse instead of the player with the killing blow? There was always an added value in being able to "lock" a corpse especially if it was your friends so that no one could loot it. I'd suggest using the same level limit in place for PVP so that level 1s arent locking lvl 50 players, but w/e.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned

Above is classic.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Sarnak

i mean i can understand it if the server was gonna be huge with 500+ ppl but i dont see that happening
Old 10-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well since this is "rants and flames" I will give my rants and flame answer that the people against item loot are panzies planning to have uber twinked lowbies and want to just dominate poorly geared lowbies without having to think twice about the risk they take wearing that gear.
99% agree...

Also, having the exp penalty in place of item-loot, is pretty much eliminated at 50, so there's really not much to lose overall in the current PvP penalty system for twinks... Since they're not the ones that will be losing the exp, but the under-geared low to mid levels they kill...Seems like the current system is penalizing the wrong people...
Old 10-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

I will play either way. Dont really care anymore.

Let's see what happens. I know what will happen, but I have been wrong before.