Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 03:33 PM
Banned

Default Who is closest to beating P99?

My opinion on P99 is that it is the very best of EQ in that the focus is still on very difficult Epic Quests and alt twinking. It is in that sweet spot where Epics are still valuable and not to the point where many of them are rendered useless (Luclin). So in order to beat P99 I feel you must complete every epic quest and reach 60. I know some of our more compulsive members have been on the server for 8 years now. Who to the best of your knowledge is closest to beating P99 (AKA finishing every class epic quest and reaching 60 and on every class)???

The Chardok exploitation produced a lot of level 60's, surely there is someone close to beating the game

I myself have completed the Monk Epic and the Cleric Epic and have 3 level 60s (well, one is 59 but close now). I know this pales in comparison to some people so I was curious to see if there are any known P99ers who have 4, 5...6? Epics completed.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Why do you need level 60 on every class to “beat the game”?
Old 02-23-2018, 03:42 PM
Banned

I beat p99 because I challenged and killed a Guide in order to protect Rivervale, and I have 2 warrior epics.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you need level 60 on every class to “beat the game”?
I guess level 60 is irrelevant, but completing every epic is (in my opinion) the way you beat P99 completely.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:44 PM
Kobold

YOU don’t. There is no way to beat the game. It was a round about way of asking a question that he was curious about. I’m also curious about it so I say bravo and I’d like to see what some people have in their stable of characters.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:54 PM
Banned

That's not true Spyder. Games are won by beating the content. "collecting all the epics" is a neurotic undertaking akin to hunting all Golden Skulltulas. You don't need it in order to beat the game.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:59 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I beat p99 because I challenged and killed a Guide in order to protect Rivervale, and I have 2 warrior epics.
Deep down you know the truth right?

If you don’t, I guess I can tell you. Llandris let you win! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 02-23-2018, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not true Spyder. Games are won by beating the content. "collecting all the epics" is a neurotic undertaking akin to hunting all Golden Skulltulas. You don't need it in order to beat the game.
Agree to disagree then (Hint: you are wrong). I think you do need all the Epics to beat P99. Stop autistically fidgeting over the semantics of the question. I am curious to who has completed the most Epics on the most characters. Surely there are some box legends from TMO that are way up there.

I highly doubt there is anyone who has done them all on P99
Old 02-23-2018, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree to disagree then (Hint: you are wrong). I think you do need all the Epics to beat P99. Stop autistically fidgeting over the semantics of the question. I am curious to who has completed the most Epics on the most characters. Surely there are some box legends from TMO that are way up there.

I highly doubt there is anyone who has done them all on P99
Then your question should be "Who has all epics in p99"

not your (hint: WRONG) opinion that collecting all epics is the equivalent to beating p99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Deep down you know the truth right?

If you don’t, I guess I can tell you. Llandris let you win! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This just means Llandris bowed to my superior force of will, logic, and moxie. He clearly saw that I -should- win the fight. I hoped he would have tried to win, because I had many things prepared for that fight I never had to use. Sadly, it was a very disappointing fight and I didn't sink below 10% hp. Victory is victory, even if it was boring.

(who else has a screenshot of killing a Guide on p99?)
Old 02-23-2018, 04:07 PM
Aviak

You never beat it, you just count the days clean.
Closed Thread