Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 12:22 PM
Large Rat

Yes, please.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I second this. Tint isnt good. Not classic. And I’ll say thats probably why fashionquest right now isnt meaningless.
I think people are misunderstanding... It doesn't turn all the tinting off if you disable the function, it is just letting you overall tint or only tint in specific areas. It by no means inhibits fashionquest.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

To everyone saying "not classic": the devs have already said that there might be custom content someday on Blue after Green is released. If it even happens it won't be for years, but when it does we'll have two servers: Green (more classic than the current Blue) and Blue (classic + custom dev content).

A key part of this whole idea is, if Blue gets custom content years from now ... after we get a truly classic server ... wouldn't a 100% optional graphics improvement (that's not Luclin graphics) make sense for the classic+ server?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-24-2018 at 03:31 PM..
Old 03-24-2018, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

I don't feel this was a good play by Rygar. Whom has showed in the past that he wants classic 'bugs' fixed to a T. Yet here he is request a non classic feature.
More thought should go into this than yes/no & Rygar's decision to post this should be a factor in this decision.
To people who want to hound me about flaming. I'm just stating the facts & your feelings are irrelevant to facts.

Not classic at the moment, maybe on a new server that offers custom classic.
---
edit: People can edit textures locally as-is [example]. Whats the difference other than ease of access.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 03-24-2018 at 04:06 PM..
Old 03-24-2018, 04:07 PM
Large Rat

Is anyone else playing on an Athlon XP with 128MB RAM and Windows 95? Would that make me the most classic?
Old 03-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think people are misunderstanding... It doesn't turn all the tinting off if you disable the function, it is just letting you overall tint or only tint in specific areas. It by no means inhibits fashionquest.
Yep yep I understand what it is, but to me color scarcity is key to classic fashionquest.
For exemple, this set of armor has a unique purple tint and is really hard to craft / get. http://wiki.project1999.com/Enchante...late_(platinum)
Now if you add tint in game, this particular set becomes less desirable. End of the story.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep yep I understand what it is, but to me color scarcity is key to classic fashionquest.
For exemple, this set of armor has a unique purple tint and is really hard to craft / get. http://wiki.project1999.com/Enchante...late_(platinum)
Now if you add tint in game, this particular set becomes less desirable. End of the story.
It sounds like you are describing armor dyes, that is not what i am advocating for. Classic armor is all the same base color, colored sets are just given an overall RGB color value. For example, fine steel armor is a base texture, bronze is just fine plate with an RGB overlay over the entire piece. If portions of your skin showed in the armor, your skin would tint too. This would prevent that (skin would be normal color, gems in armor would retain original color), and be an optional feature (which was added 3 months into Luclin).

And to Baler, i have always been in favor of some custom content, stuff like nerfing mallets which weren't widespread meta at the time and only trivialized agro management.

In this case, it is just visual aesthetic and will not affect encounters.

Furthermore, i would not advocate for this on refresh server, as it wasn't how the experience was back in the day throughout progression. On locked server could even enable custom contents seasonally, much like a GM event, so things stay Classic there as well for at least most of the time

In the end, i don't expect this to be implement but i do hold out hope. I understand the slippery slope argument. This would be but a baby step, not some game redefining feature.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartm4n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is anyone else playing on an Athlon XP with 128MB RAM and Windows 95? Would that make me the most classic?
Yeah but are you running in Glide?
Old 03-24-2018, 08:16 PM
Orc

Feel like lots of people in this thread are misunderstanding the OP. It's a fix for the sloppy way armor colors are implemented in the game, not adding the ability to change your armor color.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:21 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalderon Crystafire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but are you running in Glide?
God I loved my Voodoo cards for their brief existence back in the day
Closed Thread