Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Fire Giant

Default Why is everyone against item loot?

Population will be massive regardless. So get a bunch of no drop gear and worst case scenario if u have to, bag ur shit! But don't take out the fun of griefing people by taking their gears! Discuss
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Banned

they panzees
Old 08-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm all for it, but after like a week everyone runs around naked, or starts mqing because they can't compete. After 2 weeks it's obsolete to even have it enabled. Just avoid it all together or you will just detract new players.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

It can work but not with the default EQ implementation.

lol wut
Old 08-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Because players today want there cake and eat it too.Just like the emplyees today are lazy asses and dont want to work and want to be paid .
Old 08-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qauz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm all for it, but after like a week everyone runs around naked, or starts mqing because they can't compete. After 2 weeks it's obsolete to even have it enabled. Just avoid it all together or you will just detract new players.
It won't get to the point where people will run around naked because they had all their gear ganked. I am from RZ so it was fun for me questing and trying to get a full set of no drop. And players who do aren't cut out for pvp. Ya'll neet to play better!!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly? It's too hardcore for casuals, and doesn't promote bi-curious blubie participation.

Naked casters and the artistry of bagging is order of the day...overall, not much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Sarnak

I think the doom and gloom is misplaced. It means the in game economy is better..items not so overpriced because they can be stolen from you, and it means twinks have something to lose. People are going to get turned off by invincible twinks they can never retaliate against once people hit 50 and start making alts.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the doom and gloom is misplaced. It means the in game economy is better..items not so overpriced because they can be stolen from you, and it means twinks have something to lose. People are going to get turned off by invincible twinks they can never retaliate against once people hit 50 and start making alts.
Truth.

Though, it worked on Rallos Zek because of the player base. It had an equal balance between PVE and PVP. The ruthless nature of potentially losing your hard earned pixels bred things like the anti-PK mind set, for people that were afraid of being killed and having shit stolen. It kept the system in check imo.

As much as I'd like to have item looting on Red 99, the server would need to be heavily reliant on a PNP-style rule set, and I just don't know if I see that happening with this community. We're talking about the people that will kill you for your cloth tunic when they've got 1mil plat banked just to shit on you and laugh while doing it.

Am I saying that is wrong? No. To each their own. But I can see how that would potentially scare away new players, unless they had guilds to turn to that would be there to help them, just like RZ did.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An Anti-PK guild is already forming. Red99 wiill be a bit harder on the gankers, I do believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Closed Thread