Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it would be more fun to have 6 wizards. How would we pull? Each Wizard rotate to pull and root so that everyone has turns medding/pulling.

This sounds like so much fun.
I don't think much "pulling" will be happening. We simply go wherever we want, do a countdown of 3, 2, 1, and blast our target. We'll setup a rotation for who does a "followup" cast in case our initial blast doesn't kill right away. If a camp needs to be broken then each Wizard just roots a different target and we "3, 2, 1" the monsters one at a time. The most important thing will be avoiding damage. Ranged firepower!

My timezone is PST. I can play pretty much whenever. During the dayime I'm at work, but I have plenty of downtime at work. This kind of Wizard setup would be perfect for me, actually, because we can go blast some people and then I can get back to doing what I need to do while we med up. I won't always want to play at work, though, because there's another game I already play at work (LOL).

If you want to be a Gnome that's cool. I'm gonna stick with Erudite; I just really want that race for my Wizard. I'd prefer to start leveling up over in West Antonica, if the group is cool with that. It's not really hard to get a SoW and Teleport to get setup over in that area. I figure this would be a nice change of pace for most people as well, since people these days usually go the East Antonica or Faydwer route at the start.
Last edited by Zuranthium; 08-20-2013 at 03:11 PM..
Old 08-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this you OP?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ladies and gentleman, the man who first invented bath salts.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you obviously can't do an all Warrior or all Rogue (and probably not all Monk) group in this game. The downtime for health regen is simply too slow.

Casters are a completely different story. Wizard specifically should be really fun as a 6-pack, because it lets you do something special in this game that you wouldn't be able to do with any other group setup.
Here's the thing Zuran -

Are you actually going to pull 3-6 things at a time to take advantage of this?

And if you do.... you're going to need a measure of luck and skill in there that has very little room for error because one missed root in a pack of mobs or a few resists...

And you're hurt badly and have to sit/bandage, all running for your lives or worse: dead.

If you only pull safe then whats the point of 6 wizards? 3-4 wizards will accomplish the same feat.

It's a cool idea - but its kinda closed minded in implementation... "We could do so much more!" "Nope all wizards... want to overkill 1 or 2 mobs"

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 08-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

I was going to consider joining you on this as it sounds like fun, but if some of the people that are replying to this are also joining ...no thanks. some of you are so anal ...over analyzing this. The dude wanted to put 6 wizards in a group...Sounds good to me. Not efficient?...who cares? Its a freakin game, [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] stop trying to micromanage a game. If you work then apply those skills there. if you dont work then get a job and then apply those skills. Not a rant by the way..not even mad...but some of you would mess up a wet dream.

OP: great idea. Dont let them derail it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you actually want to do this to seriously level, you should go 5 wizards one enchanter or bard.
or an out of group bard...have him perma sing mez and time all the nukes to hit just before the song ticks. i've done this on live to devastating effect using boxing software and (legal) macro software. same would work here, except you need to coordinate instead of box.

for harder stuff i used to rotate the wizards through their stuns using same software.

a little practice and would be hella easy exp.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was going to consider joining you on this as it sounds like fun, but if some of the people that are replying to this are also joining ...no thanks. some of you are so anal ...over analyzing this. The dude wanted to put 6 wizards in a group...Sounds good to me. Not efficient?...who cares? Its a freakin game, [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] stop trying to micromanage a game. If you work then apply those skills there. if you dont work then get a job and then apply those skills. Not a rant by the way..not even mad...but some of you would mess up a wet dream.

OP: great idea. Dont let them derail it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a project manager... those skills apply everywhere. The "lets have fun yay!" folks have fun till people start dying and progress gets slow. That's a reality. (Had a group last night where I was the only healer.... they picked up whatever because who cares lets have fun.... 1 puller? no 3 lets pull everything even though we got shaman root only for CC... who cares lets have fun yay!

That group didn't do too well. Other than the obviously high guy who had to constantly afk... people really didn't have fun.

This is a cool idea.... but grinding out 55 levels with your 6 man wizard group is going to get tedious and rather painful quick.

So in project manager terms.... I'm pointing out a risk (lack of fun) and I'm trying to request a couple classes to mitigate said risk.

PS - You can use all kinds of crazy stuff as credits towards your PMP (wedding planning/deck building/even many fun activities... so your let's keep the work just at work is rather silly)

Old 08-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

What the holy fuck are you talking about, Bantam. Do you even understand what ROLEPLAYING is? Do you even understand game mechanics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3-4 wizards will accomplish the same feat.
How can 3-4 wizards kill most things in one hit? You need 6 to clean spike, certainly to clean spike reliably. The goal of the 6 Wizards group is to one hit kill. I want to kill the toughest things we can with ONE spell. Because that's super cool.

It's not just cool, it's also effective. It cuts down on the normal problem Wizards have when soloing, which is that they need to spend a lot of mana and time on constantly rooting since Direct Damage breaks root (they can of course Quad Kite later on, but that gets boring). In normal group play Wizards often feel very disappointing as well because they are not doing great DPS. With 6 Wizards, though, you remove needing a tank and a healer from the equation and thus each Wizard is more worthwhile. It's not the "best" group, but it should be effective until Level 55, which is when you can go off and do the real AoE groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's the thing Zuran -

Are you actually going to pull 3-6 things at a time to take advantage of this?

And if you do.... you're going to need a measure of luck and skill in there that has very little room for error because one missed root in a pack of mobs or a few resists...
One missed root doesn't mean anything. The Wizard just needs to cast root again. It's not going to be resisted forever. Taking one or two hits here and there is fine.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

On a more serious note. Team Manaburn used to rape shit on my live server =)
Did you play on prexus?
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Also I would think using 1 wizard with low hp agro to kite while the others just blast away with AE's would be the best way!
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the holy fuck are you talking about, Bantam. Do you even understand what ROLEPLAYING is? Do you even understand game mechanics?

How can 3-4 wizards kill most things in one hit? You need 6 to clean spike, certainly to clean spike reliably. The goal of the 6 Wizards group is to one hit kill. I want to kill the toughest things we can with ONE spell. Because that's super cool.

It's not just cool, it's also effective. It cuts down on the normal problem Wizards have when soloing, which is that they need to spend a lot of mana and time on constantly rooting since Direct Damage breaks root (they can of course Quad Kite later on, but that gets boring). In normal group play Wizards often feel very disappointing as well because they are not doing great DPS. With 6 Wizards, though, you remove needing a tank and a healer from the equation and thus each Wizard is more worthwhile. It's not the "best" group, but it should be effective until Level 55, which is when you can go off and do the real AoE groups.

One missed root doesn't mean anything. The Wizard just needs to cast root again. It's not going to be resisted forever. Taking one or two hits here and there is fine.
Dude.. let's be real for a moment - Roleplay? Really? You plan on nuking stuff down then going afk while you med...(your words) that isn't roleplaying.. if so I'm roleplaying my shaman right now.

So that's obvious hogwash.

Next up - the only stuff you're going to reliably nuke/root is going to be white or lower. Now unless I was just unlucky as hell on my wizard back in the day I remember resists on non blues being a PAIN. I also remember the nuke on a blue taking about 1/4-1/3 of the health... heck my shaman can nuke blues for about 1/4-1/5... so why do you need 6 wizards to get your effect?

Making root stick on something worth using 6 wizards on then actually getting all 6 wizards to actually land their nukes fully seems ineffective.

I'm not saying it won't work... I'm just saying the idea is pretty one dimensional and tedious.

PS - Not trying to jump down your throat, but you asked if anyone is interested and I'm offering some ways to garner more interest and up your success chance of actually hitting 55. If you can prove me wrong with your 6 man wizard group actually leveling up together then more power to you.

Last edited by Bantam 1; 08-20-2013 at 04:51 PM..
Closed Thread