Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Skeleton

Default ENCHANTER GUIDE

So, this is my first time being enchanter in EQ. I'm looking for any tips/suggestions on playing and leveling as an enchanter here.

1.) Spell rotations/strategy for successful soloing, and is soloing worth it?
2.) What would be some good solo spots per certain level ranges?
3.) What I should be doing in groups other than mez?
4.) Any certain items I should REALLY be looking for as enchanter?

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

search rox.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ight=enchanter
Old 11-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Normally I'm happy to answer any questions I can but I have to agree that sometimes I feel like I'm answering the same questions on a bi-weekly basis.

Start here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/se...earchid=373425

and if there is any answers you can't find, let us know.

As far as where to solo... depending on your level and skill you can solo pretty much any where you want. Some places will be very easy, some will be quite challenging. But I can't think of any place in classic (outside of Sky or full spawn Hate/Fear) where a chanter can't solo.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Skeleton

Thanks so much for the information, and setting me on the right track to success!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Orc

Tough but fun and can add another tool to use when in a group. Learning to Charm is the key. Here is a good guide:

http://www.therunes.net/g-charm.htm

Any open space is soloable. Just know your limits and the zone well. As a rule outdoor zones works best

Master Mez then ask that question. When you can stack mobs for the group to kill, time mez without a watch and keep an over-pull from becoming a wipe your ready. CC is very challenging and fun so do not think of just doing that as a limitation. Other things you can do:

> ENC's have a great slow line of debuffs (starting with Languid Pace at level 12), haste buffs (quickness at 16).

> The color line of spells for chain stunning a mob. It burns though mana but useful when a mobs damage or casting needs to be kept to minimum.

> Has anyone mentioned you get clarity? No. Get used to being begged for it. "Hey, I'm on another continent in the back of L Guk. Can you swing by and cast clarity on my group?"

> When you mastered CC is increase DPS by using charm and pulling mobs.

Start by focusing on INT then CHA. Later in the game ENC's can buff intelligence and charisma. At that point just use enough INT and CHA gear to get to max minus buff. Fill in the rest with +hp gear. CHA impacts mez resists so is very important but some feel you only need to take INT to 170ish since that should be a large enough mana pool. I prefer to get to max-buff since a bad pull can drain a maxed mana pool.

================
Maestron lowbie Enchanter
Fissel Even lower Druid
Old 11-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

As far as the methods go, I don't know, but your goals as an enchanter rarely vary. They include:

1. Solo-claiming entire camps or sets of camps in an effort to make exp groups hard up for mobs to kill.

2. Getting rich.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dildoz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, this is my first time being enchanter in EQ. I'm looking for any tips/suggestions on playing and leveling as an enchanter here.

Thanks!
1. Spell rots depending on what you're fighting (caster/melee). When I'm fighting casters I like to whirl/dizzy them, especially when they heal, plus it also saves you or your pet from taking DMG. If you're fighting melee, slow, root, let pet tank. When you get troll form you can even tank for a lil bit to cut down on overall downtime and help your pet regen health. (Troll form = hp regen). Rule of thumb, I ALWAYS pull with tash, whether its a yellow/white con thru Dark blue and even light blue (if it's a caster). Soloing can be done, but I don't find it nearly as fun as a group.

Levels 1-8 or so in your newbie areas.
Levels 8-12 head over to EC to pick off lions/bears. Plus you can generally get buffed up at the EC tunnel. Once you get Lull, you can actually start taking on the orc camps, I suggest orc 2 though because it's less spawns, not as many wandering mobs, and also the zoneline is right there incase something bad happens.
Levels 12-17 hit up the WC derv camp. Because you can sell at the merchant when you get overweight. Just be sure if you are an evil race or in troll from you STAY AWAY from the druids around the WC port in, which is where your merchant is. As far as I know she sells to anyone.
Levels 17-22ish can be done in Oasis, although it's rather boring, its pretty safe, again, you can always find a group or you and a mage can duo (several mages around im)
Levels 22ish-28 I did a little soloing in SK with the cents, easily area to kill at with little/no roaming mobs. But be careful, cause the cents will help one another.
28-34(34 is the level I'm at currently). I've been doing WC toll booth guards. It's steady XP, near a zoneline, and nothing else really fucks with you. Out of common courtesy I let the zone know in a shout or ooc that I will be killing the TB guards and the lowbies can send you a tell/shout/yell for help.

It's all based on how you want to solo, there really is no "wrong" way of soloing, unless you die a lot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

3. In groups, I generally kept melees hasted, and at 29, for obvious reasons, keep those with mana pools clarity'd. And in order to save mana/aggro, I just use root instead of Mez, unless you're in a cramped area (Like guk) or you have caster mobs in the pull (Cazic Thule). Nuke and DoT for extra DPS. Slow to help a off-cleric class heal(druids-shaman), especially if you have no "real" tank (SK/War/Pal). Mez is good and all, but it can cause you to tank the mob once Mez is broken. Oh and make sure you have a SK break Mez with his DoT, not his weak ass pet (yeah, I've seen that happen way too many times)

4. As far as items go, just save up and buy the cheap stuff. If you are a Dark Elf (which I am), you can EASILY get the Stein of Moggok at level 8. Here is a walkthru for you, incase you do decide to be a DE. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/ques...Steinguide.htm

Anything else just ask :P, also none of what I said is 100% facts or 100% way to be a good chanter. It's just how I play, so take what you want from it.
Last edited by audacity; 11-09-2010 at 02:29 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 01:14 AM
Skeleton

OK I looked at the various guides and such about giving your animation a weapon (I'm a new newbie ench.) All I really saw was mention that after level 29 they can dual wield.

I know I can hand them stuff, if I give it a rusty scimitar I can see it now has a scimitar. But does it matter what weapon you give it, or will any old rusty do? Do tarnished vs rusty weapons do better? Fast weapons vs slow? Rusty bastard sword better than rusty dagger?

Or do they just have a checkbox marked [] weapon equipped and a fixed bonus.

Also, is there any sort of pet buff bar that I'm missing? I can only see my main buff bar, and a short one with 6 spots on it that doesn't seem to do anything. As I'm only level 5, I've been putting Strengthen and Haze on the animation and just renewing it when mine run out.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:18 AM
Sarnak

pretty sure this thread by user "Dildoz" isn't entirely sincere
Old 01-18-2013, 06:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as the methods go, I don't know, but your goals as an enchanter rarely vary. They include:

1. Solo-claiming entire camps or sets of camps in an effort to make exp groups hard up for mobs to kill.

2. Getting rich.
pretty much this.

also: spell rotations? you're looking at EQ the wrong way.
Closed Thread