Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Orc

Just handed in 15 more stacks and still scowls to residents. I think I'm going to stop handing in for now. If it is discovered that you just have to turn in this many to get ther than so be it, I will start turning them in again. It just seems wrong that the resident faction is that far lower than the rest.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Fire Giant

I have been doing some faction farming and I will also add that the above is probably right. Done MANY stacks of bonechip and my Cab merchant action really hasn't budged but all the other ones have. Find it hard to believe that the merchant faction is that much slower than the SK's when in every other city the merchant faction is the first to max out.
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Old 09-02-2012, 02:07 AM
Fire Giant

after reading some posts on the Cabilis Residents faction page on Allakhazam (ZAM) it seems like this happened a bit as well at some point in live....

RE: Banking/Crusaders
QuoteReply
# Mar 05 2001 at 12:08 PM Rating: Default

I have been doing these faction quests for ages now and sad to say this is where I stand at the moment: Troopers - Warmly, Crusaders - Apprehensive, Necro guild - scowls, Swiftails - Amiably, SK/Shaman guild apprehensive, merchants - dubiously and the rest of the cabilis residents scowls (including the bankers). /sigh looks like a lot more work or I am missing something here.

Is It Possible to Bank Here?
QuoteReply
# Mar 19 2001 at 11:01 AM Rating: Default

I am a dark elf necro, and I have spent the last 2 weeks getting Cabalis faction. I killed the Iskar Bandits to enable me to get the bone chip quest and also to gain Brood faction. I have tracked down and handed in just over 6000 bone chips (and I kept a pretty accurate record). My current factions are: Legion (Warmly), Mystics (Amiable), Crusaders (Aprehensive), Swiftails (Amiable), Brood (Aprehensive) and Resident (Scowling).

I was under the impression that DE necros started at -2000 faction with the Residents, so I should be into Dubious by now, but the bankers are still Scowling. This is absolutly infuriating. What the hell is going on here? Is it even possible to raise faction with the Residents? If so, how far off am I?

So it would seem that other people were having this exact same problem with Cabilis Resident faction in live... any other word?
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Old 09-04-2012, 02:18 AM
Orc

Just discovered that when I am in Lich (skeleton) form I am Warmly to all factions except Residents which actually increases to amiable. Seems like a huge boost in faction due to illusion. I am not complaining at all since with it I can completely use all of Cabilis. The reason I bring it up is, perhaps looking at the way this illusion interacts with residents faction may show what the faction levels should be.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Skeleton Illusion is a neutral illusion, it neuters the racial check, works like this in every town. All this says is that resident are racists, in game terms, not like ... you know what I mean.

There are factions that won't put up with your race or deity, this is not new, you aren't meant to be able to do everything everywhere.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Orc

Running through East Cabilis and it appears the merchants inside the Shaman guild all called Vessel Something are scowls (dubious) to me and I believe they were on shaman faction on live. You fixed the necro merchant so just wanted to give you the heads up that these may need fixing as well. Thanks again.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:16 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhogrider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Running through East Cabilis and it appears the merchants inside the Shaman guild all called Vessel Something are scowls (dubious) to me and I believe they were on shaman faction on live. You fixed the necro merchant so just wanted to give you the heads up that these may need fixing as well. Thanks again.
Those merchants around the shaman guild are correctly flagged as CabilisResidents except for Lord Vizaroth who should be on CrusadersofGreenmist.

Fixing him, pending update.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundawg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why you have bad cab merchant faction is beyond me. The quest looks correct and is giving positive cab resident faction.

If others have the same problem let me know.
I have the same problem. I'm up to kindly or warmly with Troopers and still KOS to residents / bankers / merchants.

You say the quest looks correct - do you mean that it's as correct as it was prior to the 11/29/2000 patch? (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20001129.html), or correct as in I should be making latent progress with my Cabilis Residents faction even after I max out with Troopers (if I haven't already)?

Has anyone dug their way out of this yet? I'd love to know that there's some way to measure this - i.e. once you're amiable with Crusader Soandso, you're about 10 stacks of chips away from breaking out of scowls with Residents.

Edit: Also - are there merchants somewhere in Cabilis that are correctly on a faction other than Residents? I just want to sell and bank, damnit! (bank: check)

Edit2: Is there any chance we could SEE the "faction chart" for CabilisResidents, like we can see for QeynosCitizens in a similar thread?
Last edited by Droog007; 04-03-2013 at 05:19 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM
VIP / Contributor

I think you just need to turn in more bone chips.

Quote:
Edit: Also - are there merchants somewhere in Cabilis that are correctly on a faction other than Residents? I just want to sell and bank, damnit! (bank: check)
The "keeper" type NPCs are merchants on necro faction, off the top of my head.

Quote:
Edit2: Is there any chance we could SEE the "faction chart" for CabilisResidents, like we can see for QeynosCitizens in a similar thread?
I'd never post it, because its against the "spirit of discovery" that was a big part of classic EQ philosophy. (hidden mana numbers, etc. old EQ devs made references to this philosophy more then once back in the day)

But thats just me, others may have their own opinion and do otherwise.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

Default my exp from live

hey just chiming in

back in live shortly after velious was released < 2 or 3 week> I decide to see if i could walk freeely and bank freely at cabalis. i was 55 dwarf paladin.

got to dubious with cabalis warrior <ie guards and warrior guilds>

turned an ungodly amount of bonechips didnt keep track after 20 backpacks

*** I distincly remember that cabalis residents in particuler bankers didnt not turn to dubiuous until after crusaders greenmist <sk guild> did monks and shaman factions had turned todubious or better before Crusaders Greenmist. even after bankers would let me bank i was still kos to necromancer guild faction. ****

I found it strange that as a dwarven paladin that Crusaders greenmist would tolerat me in their city before Cabalis residents.

Buskier 32 Human cleric follower of Rodcet Nife 199skill blacksmith
Last edited by Buellen; 04-04-2013 at 02:49 AM..