Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-14-2020, 04:10 AM
zodium zodium is offline
Planar Protector

zodium's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Plane of Mischief
Posts: 1,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raiding does not equal endgame in my opinion. Endgame to me is getting to or near max level, getting the best available equipment, maxing out all skills, camping items for your alt, helping your guild and newbies out.
my friend, i have bad news: my post did not say "raiding"
__________________
[60 Pirate] Gatmanno (Puppet) <Riot>
[50 Cleric] Complete (Daniel) <Dial a Daniel>
[50 Shaman] Body (Troll) <Legends>
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-14-2020, 04:17 AM
Keebz Keebz is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a running debate between which is the worst class in this era of EQ: Ranger or Wizard. Without entering into that debate, suffice it to say that in this era those two are the very worst classes overall.
Woah woah woah. Why are we dragging Rangers into this? Also, this is actually a great time to play both classes. Are you trying to justify your lack of Wizard knowledge with baseless Ranger bashing?

OP: I'd just play your Wizard. You won't miss out on anything. Everyone is grouping with everyone right now and guilds will gladly snap you up for planes teleports. It is not a 'gimped' class.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-14-2020, 07:11 AM
Tecmos Deception Tecmos Deception is offline
Planar Protector

Tecmos Deception's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mmm, on live EQ during POP, GOD, OOW, DON, Demiplane and the few expansions afterwards
Well that's totally irrelevant when discussing p99 now, isn't it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-14-2020, 07:45 AM
Malikail Malikail is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 63
Default

There is no end game for a wizard at this stage. There's no end game forecaster spell research is so f***** you might get the 40 and then you'll have trouble getting your spells. There's nothing to kill and the gear that is available is rare and the stat suck. There's a reason they were constantly updating this game in this era it was released unfinished and in a very uneven state. I've been trying to play the last four days I'm so damn bored I'm probably just going to drop out till at least Sol ro Maybe kunark. Go back to Blue and yeah kittens is doing well so I can read their but that's all it's a ghost town communities destroyed and the economy is dead. It's sad but I lives in the southern us so spring will be here soon and I've got stuff I can do that outside so my boredom will soon be alleviated
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-14-2020, 08:29 AM
Tecmos Deception Tecmos Deception is offline
Planar Protector

Tecmos Deception's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikail [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no end game for a wizard at this stage. There's no end game forecaster spell research is so f***** you might get the 40 and then you'll have trouble getting your spells. There's nothing to kill and the gear that is available is rare and the stat suck. There's a reason they were constantly updating this game in this era it was released unfinished and in a very uneven state. I've been trying to play the last four days I'm so damn bored I'm probably just going to drop out till at least Sol ro Maybe kunark. Go back to Blue and yeah kittens is doing well so I can read their but that's all it's a ghost town communities destroyed and the economy is dead. It's sad but I lives in the southern us so spring will be here soon and I've got stuff I can do that outside so my boredom will soon be alleviated
Ignore this guy, OP. The only way the situation is this bleak on green or teal is if you avoid having any friends or a good guild, purposely avoid using your brain to find available camps, don't understand that the only gear a wiz needs in classic to do well is like +60 int which is easy to obtain even without expensive items like GEBs, and think that classic EQ is going to spoonfeed you "fresh" content on a schedule like a modern MMO's raid patches.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-14-2020, 10:28 AM
Malikail Malikail is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ignore this guy, OP. The only way the situation is this bleak on green or teal is if you avoid having any friends or a good guild, purposely avoid using your brain to find available camps, don't understand that the only gear a wiz needs in classic to do well is like +60 int which is easy to obtain even without expensive items like GEBs, and think that classic EQ is going to spoonfeed you "fresh" content on a schedule like a modern MMO's raid patches.
Yes do ignore me I was playing on this in live and it honestly sucked nuts on live. The only reason I'm here is because the game gets vastly better when kunark is released and I'd like a head start on that. All that crap about groups and Friends means nothing. It depends do you want to be like this s*** head or do you want to do your own thing. Classic EQ was designed to get your real world friends to play with you online but that's not how it happened so they radically redesign the game. You're right about one thing I don't want to spend hours sitting in a dumbass XP group in guk getting you what you need for your melee class. Kiss off with that nonsense. I always hated this era and I always will because of people like this guy
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-14-2020, 10:41 AM
Corbin Corbin is offline
Orc


Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that's totally irrelevant when discussing p99 now, isn't it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please forgive me OP, a sentimental segue over a non issue on p1999. Love your Videos Tecmos.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Endgame is whatever you choose to make it and revolves around social choices and time to play more than anything else. At least this is my assumption taken from live. Raid guilds usually love wizards. Few classes can do a lot solo in harder group content Wizards like most classes are not one of those, generally. Good players who are enjoyable to play with in group "endgame" probably wont care too much about your class in the long run, just your personality and willingness to help them as well.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-14-2020, 10:51 AM
Tecmos Deception Tecmos Deception is offline
Planar Protector

Tecmos Deception's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikail [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes do ignore me I was playing on this in live and it honestly sucked nuts on live. The only reason I'm here is because the game gets vastly better when kunark is released and I'd like a head start on that. All that crap about groups and Friends means nothing. It depends do you want to be like this s*** head or do you want to do your own thing. Classic EQ was designed to get your real world friends to play with you online but that's not how it happened so they radically redesign the game. You're right about one thing I don't want to spend hours sitting in a dumbass XP group in guk getting you what you need for your melee class. Kiss off with that nonsense. I always hated this era and I always will because of people like this guy
Lol. You're fucking all over the place. At least put together a coherent thought instead of just ranting and raving like a lunatic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-14-2020, 11:09 AM
Malikail Malikail is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. You're fucking all over the place. At least put together a coherent thought instead of just ranting and raving like a lunatic.
What's your character name so I can add you to my blocked list in game?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-14-2020, 12:14 PM
eqravenprince eqravenprince is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my friend, i have bad news: my post did not say "raiding"
You're right, you didn't say "raiding". But what else could you mean when you say vanilla has no endgame? Honestly that's the major difference between vanilla and kunark/velious when it comes to endgame.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.