Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 07:38 AM
Fire Giant

Repops didn't used to reset timers. But I think now they do.

That means first open vox will need to be next vox.

And we need to account for quakes in the plans.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 09-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

From the Open Classic Dragons Raid Agreement 2017 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In other news: I believe most guilds who kill these dragons have signed on. Snackies said he would check it out after returning from a work trip early this week and I'm hoping for the best.

Meanwhile, I think it's safe for us to go ahead and start planning the first open Vox raid.

A nice person just sent me Vox ToD

"Lady Vox was just killed at 9:16 CST tonight Aug 28."

So the spawn window in a week will be September 3rd from 1:16 PM CST to 5:16 AM CST. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cloki, are you up for leading this?
It later went on to talk about the date being on 9/4 but here its posted as 9/5 - so it is all pretty confusing. I was certainly thinking about attending and just would love to know when I need to have toon in place and how much time I have left to prepare ... i.e. get more MR gears.

When I look at my calendar it would seem the 4th is 7 days away from the posted kill time and I have to assume the kill time is AM since it isn't listed in either am/pm or proper military designation. Next real question is was it really CST since in summer daylight savings time is in effect -- and should probably have been listed as CDT.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:57 PM
Banned

Anyone got info on when vox was killed on repop?

This will change the open raid time
Old 09-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

Personally, im all for open raids, and love killing Vox, one of my favorite dragons to kill for some reason. But, I think this once a month open raid thing should alternate targets.

IF the whole reason is to see the content you want to see and get your nostalgia trip. Why not vox this month, then open full pop fear next month, Hate after that, Sky, Naggy, Kael, ToV, etc.

Rotate the targets, everyone will eventually get to see everything, and no one has to get bummed about losing 1/4 shots at there oh so precious bladestopper, but instead like 1/10 on everything.

Could post a schedule of proposed targets long ahead of time, giving people time to prepare, and earthquakes would be less of a problem because the whole week could be dedicated, so whenever it pops, kill is 10 hours later or w/e to give people time. Or if a solid accord is struck, could just plan on killing on sundays/other set day, and everyone leave that zone/mob up for the week that has been blocked out. then no matter what earthquake or w/e happens, it should be up.....
Last edited by Dreenk317; 09-02-2017 at 05:00 PM..
Old 09-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Any word on change in time? Or still set for 6am...
Old 09-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

@Dreenk317 you've been around enough to know that getting this in place was a coup. If this works out and people stay sane, maybe we can implement your idea. I kinda like it, really.

Being at the tip of the spear for this is a ton of work, and I'm grateful that Filbus took it on. Maybe in the next cycle...if there is one...you can give it a go.

As far as the time for vox goes, there wasn't wording in the agreement that accounted for repops.

So one of two things happened:

1. Someone ate the open Vox.

or

2. We mean for open Voxes (Naggys) to be scheduled in advance, thereby excluding repops from the count.

I prefer the 2nd option for a lot of reasons (including making a mess of blame/shame/fingerpointing/etc., on a repop).

But we'll need some buyin.

Failing that, we'll schedule next within a day or so. And it won't be at 6am unless Vox died 16 hours earlier than that. I have no idea on ToD. But the raid time will be informed by ToD +7d +8h. Ish.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 09-03-2017, 01:29 PM
Large Bat

Is the scheduled time going to fluctuate (sorry if this was already asked & I missed the answer)? Repop timing aside, 6am EST -or any time slot for that matter- obviously isn't a one-size-fits-all scenario so I wondered if there would be different start times each month to account for different time zones people might be in. IE: Noon PST is easier on the west coast peoples & isn't too late for BST raiders, etc. Thanks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, read rest of thread =D. Raids are for last hours in window, so will fluictuate as needed
Old 09-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, read rest of thread =D. Raids are for last hours in window, so will fluictuate as needed
Theoretically, yes. But theoretically they might also fluctuate by only a couple hours on each side. I think he's more curious, if with it being a set raid, can't we not just set a time that's more convenient? Instead of one hour after window close no matter what?
Old 09-03-2017, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Also as stated earlier, people seem to want to roll with changing time to equalize across US and international and diff time zones
Closed Thread