Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2021, 09:01 AM
Banned

so max hit for 24 pet is like 23 dmg (not 26) 17 bash still tho

minimum could be 14 or 15 i dont remember which
Old 01-01-2022, 04:28 AM
Sarnak

That's why I quit playing the server, this isn't the only thing screwed by people randomly setting things they know nothing about. EQ back in the day was not balance, but this server unbalances things even further to the classes that already had an edge on actual live servers. Chanters, Shamans, and Monks are way over powered, even more so than classic. Why play any other class?
Old 01-01-2022, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chanters, Shamans, and Monks are way over powered, even more so than classic. Why play any other class?
Just cause something is OP doesn't mean you have to play it.
Old 01-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chanters, Shamans, and Monks are way over powered, even more so than classic. Why play any other class?
Well for enchanter from what I’ve read people will say charming is too stressful and they want to play p99 to relax. This is other people’s opinion not mine since my main is chanter

I didn’t want to play monk because pulling never appealed to me and I didn’t like the idea of having to constantly be deleting coins managing weight. Also thought that pressing attack and then flying kick every few seconds could feel boring, but monk is still something I do think about playing as a twink frequently

Shaman never appealed to me (and assuming many others) because I knew I would never be able to save 200,000pp to get it jbb + epic +torpor + bane of nife/others

But I agree these classes are strong, stronger than classic probably
Old 01-01-2022, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

^^^ those 3 classes are also mostly OP in a few situations and boring as hell in others. Enchanters are amazing at soloing all kinds of content but in raids... Tash and buff, a slow if the shaman fell asleep from the exhilarating job of buffing and slowing.

Mages, regardless of nerfs, are single blue con killing machines and provide steady dps in groups. Good raid dps too I think. So what if they can't dungeon dive into HS or Seb to farm big ticket drops.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good raid dps too I think.
Depends heavily on the content. Lots of Velious encounters you can't use pets on at all, and Mages are relegated to just being CotH bots and mod rod generators.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-02-2022, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends heavily on the content. Lots of Velious encounters you can't use pets on at all, and Mages are relegated to just being CotH bots and mod rod generators.
I should probably put a disclaimer on anything I say in regards to raids, last time I was involved in one of those was 2002-2003.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should probably put a disclaimer on anything I say in regards to raids, last time I was involved in one of those was 2002-2003.
Well you right about chanters. Just buff bots, and then they do a bedlam rotation of cast bedlam and wait x seconds or something (for other chanters to cast it)…for bosses they seem to sometimes have responsibility of charming a mob to dps. This was only for bosses, but then again I only saw one raid

Being a level too low to charm anything or even slow anything I was just buffing and was bored to tears. Probably part of the reason I have only logged in 1 hour over the past week. End game looking bleak. Raiding definitely looks fun for melee dps and tanks (even paladin and sk tanks were tanking some raid mobs, just not bosses)
Old 01-02-2022, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you right about chanters. Just buff bots, and then they do a bedlam rotation of cast bedlam and wait x seconds or something (for other chanters to cast it)…for bosses they seem to sometimes have responsibility of charming a mob to dps. This was only for bosses, but then again I only saw one raid

Being a level too low to charm anything or even slow anything I was just buffing and was bored to tears. Probably part of the reason I have only logged in 1 hour over the past week. End game looking bleak. Raiding definitely looks fun for melee dps and tanks (even paladin and sk tanks were tanking some raid mobs, just not bosses)
They also Mana Sieve, which is critical to many encounters (without them you have bosses CHing or gating just when you thought you were going to win the fight).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-02-2022, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's why I quit playing the server, this isn't the only thing screwed by people randomly setting things they know nothing about. EQ back in the day was not balance, but this server unbalances things even further to the classes that already had an edge on actual live servers. Chanters, Shamans, and Monks are way over powered, even more so than classic. Why play any other class?
First off, I think a lot of the issue isn't the devs, it's player knowledge. For instance, I played a Barbarian Shaman on live during the classic era, and I can promise you I (and most other live Shaman) were not using clickies to instantly recast Cannibalize (the way I and most Shaman do here). Similarly, most Enchanters on live didn't have suits of -MR gear to give to their pets (hell, I'd even go so far as to say that the bulk of all Enchanters didn't charm at all: they sat in groups and did CC and haste/clarity).

But some of it is the dev's fault ... well, not really their fault, but it's their issue to fix. The problem is, sometimes they just don't have the data to make things accurate.

Thankfully, people like Dolalin do crazy amounts of research to dig up that data, and as a result the devs constantly make things better. For instance, see the upcoming "charm nerf" that was a direct result of his efforts, which I hope will bring Enchanters at least somewhat closer to how they actually were on live in the classic era.

Closed Thread