Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 09-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's nerf DA ring, DA ear and Flux staff. Make them 5 sec cast time see if it's just as easy to kite. Screw taking them back, add more.
This would just further hurt small guilds. Any guild that can field 100+ people for a raid can crawl ToV to any raid target. We did that before we found new strategies to speed up the process.

The smaller guilds generally can't do that, so they are basically out of luck.

Hint: The only guilds that can field those numbers consistently are Vanquish and Riot.

I am not sure why people want to hurt smaller guilds because they want to hurt bigger guilds. It's counter productive, and the big guilds will still be able to kill all of the raid content.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-08-2022 at 02:01 PM..
Old 09-08-2022, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would just further hurt small guilds. Any guild that can field 100+ people for a raid can crawl ToV to any raid target. We did that before we found new strategies to speed up the process.

Hint: The only guilds that can field those numbers consistently are Vanquish and Riot.

I am not sure why people want to hurt smaller guilds because they want to hurt bigger guilds. It's counter productive, and the big guilds will still be able to kill all of the raid content.
Ya, they aren't too smart...or really just don't raid so they have no clue on current meta lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2022, 02:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it takes non classic code changes and arbitrary raid rules to give wizards something to do, i know
Why even hang around on a forum for a game you don't play, I don't get it
Old 09-08-2022, 02:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why even hang around on a forum for a game you don't play, I don't get it
why apologize for a broken shitty class just because after 10 years of emulating people have finally carved out a niche for them to actually contribute something to a raid?

i have a wizard, i love my wizard, i love my wizard because it is useless and it's fun and a challenge to figure out ways to get value out of them. that's the charm of classic eq, it's interesting and heterogeneous. It's also fun on the opposite spectrum, to play a broken overpowered class that steamrolls the content, ie velious monks. Variety. But it doesn't mean I'm going to pretend the class is well balanced or well designed, because it is not.

Wizards end velious with an "I participated" ribbon. They become a real class in luclin when they receive about 5 billion buffs.
Old 09-08-2022, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why apologize for a broken shitty class just because after 10 years of emulating people have finally carved out a niche for them to actually contribute something to a raid?

i have a wizard, i love my wizard, i love my wizard because it is useless and it's fun and a challenge to figure out ways to get value out of them. that's the charm of classic eq, it's interesting and heterogeneous. It's also fun on the opposite spectrum, to play a broken overpowered class that steamrolls the content, ie velious monks. Variety. But it doesn't mean I'm going to pretend the class is well balanced or well designed, because it is not.

Wizards end velious with an "I participated" ribbon. They become a real class in luclin when they receive about 5 billion buffs.
Ya wizard in luclin is crazy good with crit nukes and mana burn. Even the familiar is awesome/nod

Oh and the horse to sit and med woot. If only luclin graphics weren't ugly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2022, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You do 0 crawling, you kite it all, small guilds are dead and would still be dead. It'd make you clear some trash tho.
Old 09-08-2022, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya, they aren't too smart...or really just don't raid so they have no clue on current meta lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have plenty of clue how it goes. Consider not getting drunk and guild removing again.
Old 09-08-2022, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do 0 crawling, you kite it all, small guilds are dead and would still be dead. It'd make you clear some trash tho.
We used to crawl when rooted dragons was a new thing. It's very doable, just slower.

Smaller guilds weren't dead before the clickie nerfs and rooted dragons.

Sorry you just want to hurt the small guilds while not hurting the bigger guilds.
Old 09-08-2022, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

oh boy here we go 200 pages inc
Old 09-08-2022, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We used to crawl when rooted dragons was a new thing. It's very doable, just slower.

Smaller guilds weren't dead before the clickie nerfs and rooted dragons.

Sorry you just want to hurt the small guilds while not hurting the bigger guilds.
We used to, that means you don't hope that helps