Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 06:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Returning from the early days

Hey everyone,

Haven't played EverQuest since college. I had a friend who got in to the beta, and then handed over the CD to get me hooked.

It's just as classic and fun and addictive as it ever was. Probably more so. When I was in college I just wanted to do everything right away - and, given that EverQuest had just been released, there were no guides to tell you where to go, what to do, how to level and improve your skills, and so forth. I burned out and quit just before Kunark.

Looking forward to hanging out and playing. Might try a few different classes, although my wood elf bard (Calthaer) is going to be my go-to. Now that I have...you know...a job, and so forth, I kind of wish there were a way of scheduling a group by level range and date. Like...I know I'm going to have 3-4 hours to play on this or that evening; can we meet in so-and-so zone around this time and group up, bind at a nearby city, arrange all that. Does anyone do that here?

So far pick-up groups aren't too bad but, if this is anything like I remember, that gets harder to do as you get up in levels. People also level at different rates, so just keeping one guild or group of friends doesn't seem to do the trick, either.
Last edited by nilbog; 04-17-2016 at 01:45 PM..
Old 04-18-2016, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome to p99! Sounds like you will mostly be playing during prime-time hours, and it probably won't be too difficult for you to find groups in decently populated zones. There are new players starting all the time. Once you join a guild, it'll be a lot easier to find a group.

Good luck and have fun! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Large Rat

Hi there,

I'm just starting out myself. With a full time job and a one year old running around, I know my playtime will be short bursts, but I'll be around!

Level 3 Barb Shaman right now, hoping to hit 5 at least soon.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Kobold

As you level, I have a cleric who's 25 (Sanabo), a ranger who's 4 (Pakkune), and a necromancer (Necabo) who's 20ish. Send me a /tell should you need a hunting partner.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

I have a level 9 shammy and lvl 10 cleric both parked in EC if you need a partner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-23-2016, 12:08 AM
Aviak

You should have no problem finding a group. Even if you can't Bards are great at soloing and really only need instruments to succeed. Welcome to the server!
Last edited by Reece15; 04-23-2016 at 12:10 AM..
Old 04-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Large Bat

I just started back into it myself. I had characters on P99 a while ago but I guess they are gone because I can't find them.

Started up a Wood Elf Rogue so am around Gfay/Crushbone as I'm only level 4 atm.
Closed Thread