Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 06:41 PM
Kobold

Cool Wisdom Based Gear

I want to roll a gnome cleric and I realize the starting stats suck. But I love gnomes so what can ya do?

How hard is it to acquire wisdom via gear?
Old 04-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Skeleton

Not too bad from what I see in Commons for some good entry gear if you plan on saving money and trying to hustle those low level trade mats for plat.

From what I have been reading, you may be better off getting +Mana gear in low levels as the raw Wisdom doesn't pay off until level 30+ I believe.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:44 AM
Aviak

Nathanian is correct mana gear is best for lower levels. Don't worry about min/maxing! Play the race you enjoy you won't regret it.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:00 AM
Aviak

I agree that min/maxing is much less important than role-playing and enjoying your character--still there are some disparities that make one race simply better than the others in certain specific ways.

The first example that comes to mind is the fact that Halfling clerics can hide AND sneak (sneak is invaluable to clerics since they don't have faction spells or invisi). I myself rerolled my 38 human necromancer after assuring myself that I would not. Once I did more research on how much more HP regen an Iksar actually had I rerolled and now my Iksar necromancer is thriving. I do not regret rerolling for a second as I always intended to play my necromancer as a "white witch/necro" that specializes in healing and PLing. That being said, my own cleric is an Erudite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My best advice is to continue to check out the wiki page and other sources of information before you commit to leveling a character past 30. The only thing worse than playing a race you don't particularly care for is regretting your starting choices every time you log in.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:32 AM
Fire Giant

I wouldn't worry about finding wisdom gear just yet. First, I'd focus on getting some strength gear. You are going to be wearing plate armor and I don't think gnomes work out. I would think that to be a bigger hindrance than your mana pool. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2016, 09:07 PM
Kobold

I mained a DE cleric in live, had the clicky snare necklace. But my god, I recall hating buying 1000s of invis pots. The halfing sneak/hide is epic. Sanvarin is correct.

I rolled shaman this time around tho 8P

Just my 2c
Old 04-27-2016, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

yeah dont worry about your races starting stats. over time you will aquire better gear and it will be fun.
Closed Thread