Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 06:03 PM
Kobold

just rekindled my EQ flame too; although i had found p99 a long while ago....

im punishing myself by picking Shaman for first character to level.. =P made it to 13 so far. Shaman with no gear (troll no less, so no gnoll fang / orc belt rushing for me) is HELL till roughly 24... and then a slightly easier push to 34. beyond that though itll all be downhill (IMO). i ended up just trying to inner fire spam to help heal in a croc group last night... i realized my rusty spear is maybe doing 12 dmg every 5sec compared to the twinks doubling for 28 every 2sec =P i was semi useless... but hopefully good conversation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

at least as necro (any pet class really) your pets will help carry you through the toughest levels; with minimal downtime.

i think what Jolanar was getting at is some classes (pet classes are the obvious ones) have a much easier time with the 1-20ish grind than others as a first character. a Necro will be a tad easier to level than a Druid with zero equipment on either character; mostly because of the pet dmg and HP buffer, not to mention being able to med while your pet DPS's..

Druid will be just fine once you get all of your spell 'types'. Same goes for all caster classes really, but pet classes have it a smidge easier in the beginning.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:16 PM
Aviak

I can see that, haha. I'm actually doing rather well with just level 1 spells so far... yeah, I have a decent amount of downtime, but between my fire dot and my okay ability to melee, not to mention the fact that I've been able to equip most of my slots with either drops or quest turn-ins (wolf pelts and the Jaggedpine Staff), I think I'll be alright. I'm sure there'll be dry points, though!

Thanks for the info. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2016, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

You were in my group i think. Shamanana here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subidoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were in my group i think. Shamanana here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hahaha! yep =)

Oipi here. =)
Old 04-27-2016, 11:04 PM
Kobold

What do you guys think. My necro is level 4 now but I could redo her and make an iksar... The girl iksar have cool faces and they have regen so!
Old 04-28-2016, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

Iksar necros are awesome
Old 04-28-2016, 06:51 AM
Aviak

Yeah and Kurn's tower is conveniently close. You can live there up to level 25 if you so like and hoard ernomous amount of bone chips.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotopes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah and Kurn's tower is conveniently close. You can live there up to level 25 if you so like and hoard ernomous amount of bone chips.
Def, you'll do just fine as a iksar necro. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread