Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 02:24 PM
Skeleton

Default Just started last night,any tips?

Just started a cleric named Aradas in Qeynos last night.Slow going but that's fine for my taste.Any tips on...well...everything?I was given advice to save bone chips to sell and even got a hq bear skin but was told I'd have to relocate to sell.Considering Qeynos Hills is the furthest I've been that poses an issue.Also soloing is slow but doable so far and it seems I can kill undead better than other things.Any generic or cleric specific advice/tips is appreciated.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Check out the Rabid Hide, Gnoll Fang and Bandit Sash quest on wiki.. They are all great for xp and plat at lower levels in that area. Yes save all the HQ bear skins you get and sell them once you make your way to EC. You can fetch around 30p each and should collect more because there will be less competition out in that area of Norrath. Welcome to the server!
Old 04-29-2016, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

I would get closer to Gfay or Ecomm to group with others. not many start in Qeynos

Welcome
Old 04-29-2016, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, being new, and wanting to group (ungeared Cleric obvious), best to get a port from a druid or wizard and then when there have someone bind you.

However, it's not too bad there though, I see some groups hanging around Blackburrow at times. You can head in there at lvl4 and fight at the ent. Fight outside the ent there a bit too before lvl4 I think, and some groups there now and then.

But, depends how you want to play. Fight more or heal more. Best to have gear to fight, but it can be done vs. undead... which are yeah around gfay and commons.
Such as http://wiki.project1999.com/Befallen or http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Estate_of_Unrest

Both of those are excellent for a cleric, provided you get a group which in those spots is usually during peak times. I usually see someone in befallen, sometimes groups. Unrest can get packed during peak, then 0 in off hours. When you don't have a group, it can be slow going, but still better than some since using a cleric. You'll do a lot better after you get banded (player made is about 100pp for a set) and then start mixing in plate armor over time.

Kunark is really good if you are into hunting undead, but pretty hard to start out in if not one of the local evil races, early levels anyway. Such as http://wiki.project1999.com/Kurn's_Tower one of the best low level dungeons filled with undead, but hard location for anyone not an Iskar. Last time I ran through there with a low level was on a dark elf shadow knight, pretty well geared and I left a trail of corpses getting to places I wanted to go out there hehe.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

Go after this in the qeynos sewers when you get to be about level 8 :3 It might take a while to get....but it is a glorious weapon filled with holy might!!!!

http://wiki.project1999.com/Bonethunder_Staff
Old 04-29-2016, 09:04 AM
Banned

Get bound @ the North Lift (orc lift) at Kelethin (greater faydark). Group with people outside killing orcs and pick up all the belts you can find.

Move into Crushbone when your level is close to those clearing the first couple camps at the zone-in. Tons and tons of belts, great XP modifier, etc.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just started a cleric named Aradas in Qeynos last night.Slow going but that's fine for my taste.Any tips on...well...everything?I was given advice to save bone chips to sell and even got a hq bear skin but was told I'd have to relocate to sell.Considering Qeynos Hills is the furthest I've been that poses an issue.Also soloing is slow but doable so far and it seems I can kill undead better than other things.Any generic or cleric specific advice/tips is appreciated.
i'm assuming you chose a good diety and not an evil with my suggestions.

if you want quick xp I suggest considering to relocate to Greater Faydark. just keep the bone chips because at lower levels you can turn in bone chips in the kaladim paladin guild for good xp. and also save crushbone belts and shoulder pads for more xp. you can find many pick up groups in crushbone.

in the early 20's you can go to high hold pass. Don't expect to find a pick up group there easily so first try to form a group in east commonlands with people who may want to go there. you can then start saving up orc scalps and gnoll fangs for more turn ins and good faction. you can also sell a stack of orc scalps for a few hundred plat, so really good money you can make there at lower levels.
Closed Thread