Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 05:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabouter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did enchanters get breeze in classic? I thought that was a spell that was added later on.

Because that will also contribute to their downtime/soloing capability (if we are talking about starting an enchanter on green)
Not in classic - Kunark.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn’t fully accurate. Bard is hands down a more powerful soloer than an enchanter 27-50. This is because charm uses no mana and you can just endlessly swap targets while loading mobs up with your chant dots. I’ve done dungeon crawls on the bard solo pre 51 that no enchanter could keep up with. It’s a joke how powerful that is, most bards are just swarming so they miss out on this.
I've been waiting to see a video of a bard having his way with the bottom of najena, paw, nurga, CC, etc., for a long time. I'll believe a bard can wreck those zones when I see it.

I've played a few bards through these levels on p99 over the years and dabbled in indoor soloing with them. I don't deny that technically they have the tools to make it happen. I certainly never figured it out (not at "more powerful soloer than an enchanter 27-50 level, anyway), and I've never seen anyone else demonstrate that they had. So I'm skeptical that what's technically possible ever actually happens.

There's a bit more to being "a powerful soloer" than having a mana-free charm, anyways. Songs are great, and bards are a super cool class. But I just don't see their toolkit giving them the "powerful soloer crown" at any level.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

The problem with bards in dungeons is that they miss one very important skill - quickly get the situation under control when stuff goes wrong.

Enchanters have AE stun, necros have FD, both are fast casting.

Bards have the level 15 AE mez but it's cast time is 3 seconds which is arguably too long too often.

Also bard's calm lasts for a couple ticks only but maybe I'm missing something. Calming stuff is probably one of the pillars of successful soloing in a dungeon as a caster.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Charm killing kaesora library is loads of fun. Lots of mobs in pairs and triples. Also don’t forget at 46 with drum you basically have an endless mana free dot that does as much damage as splurt.
Closed Thread