Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Banned

Default A Gemchopper's Story (in screenshots)

Tizzo was a cave-dwelling gnome and retired Gemchopper. He was drafted into the Gemchoppers long ago when the Kobolds first started attacking the windmills and other gnomish structures out in the Steamfont Mountains. He lived for battle, but grew tired of having to answer to his commanders. He served his term and when the war was over, he left and headed to the mountains to live away from gnomish society.

Many years passed and Tizzo became what most citizen's of Ak'Anon called "the hermit in the mountains". He had only occasionally been seen outside the caves, gathering food or supplies for subsistence. One morning while out gathering rat ears for his famous rat ear stew, he was approached by a elvish mailman. The elf handed him a note and darted off. It was a guild summons, from his old general Baxok Curhunter. Tizzo suddenly had a flashback; he remembered beheading Kobolds, bathing in their blood.

With no hesitation whatsoever, Tizzo made his way to the hall of the Gemchoppers in Ak'Anon to speak with Baxok. Baxok warned him that the Kobold menace had returned and they needed skilled warriors to repel them. Tizzo knew then that his lust for battle and bloodshed would soon be fulfilled.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 01-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Kobold

TIZZO!!! awesome thread
Old 01-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Norrath needs more brave gnomes to come out of hiding
Old 01-07-2015, 02:04 PM
Banned

can't wait till this ui is finished and mandatory
Old 01-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can't wait till this ui is finished and mandatory
I have a problem with this ui being mandatory. Don't get me wrong, I miss it and I wish I could use it now (have tried) but I play on a 42 inch widescreen and I have a feeling it's not going to pan out like it should; will I still be restricted to a 6x6 (gross estimation) screen in the center, or will that pan out to be a larger actual play space in the center of the screen at 1920x1080?
Old 01-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Banned

WTB more.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a problem with this ui being mandatory. Don't get me wrong, I miss it and I wish I could use it now (have tried) but I play on a 42 inch widescreen and I have a feeling it's not going to pan out like it should; will I still be restricted to a 6x6 (gross estimation) screen in the center, or will that pan out to be a larger actual play space in the center of the screen at 1920x1080?
First world problems like a mother fucker.... and not classic. No one cares. Immerse or DIE! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First world problems like a mother fucker.... and not classic. No one cares. Immerse or DIE! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well if we want to get technical, where is night blindness? Why is two boxing not allowed? Did Sony/Verant actually have a PNP regarding camp rules, or was there just a general dont be a dick and don't harass people rule? I really can't see game masters stepping in and saying "This guy has been sitting here for the past four hours so you're not allowed to kill the npc's anywhere within his general vicinity". Why is EC Tunnel spammed with LINKS? Spell gems? Spell effects? Mage Pets?

How do you expect anyone to get immersed when restricted to a 12 inch square; what's more immersive than.. ya know, fully immersing your field of view? Do you even know what immerse/immersive/immersion means?

There's plenty about p99 that is not classic. As such, I ask that you and the other 50% of the forum-goers stop sucking the "shit's (not) classic" dick with such fervency while simultaneously looking the other way when the classic aspects of the game that inconvenience your pixel lust are given the axe.

Tl;dr: you're a G.D. hypocrite.
Last edited by Xer0; 01-20-2015 at 05:15 PM..
Old 01-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Aviak

Didnt velious change UI's anyway?
Old 01-21-2015, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you expect anyone to get immersed when restricted to a 12 inch square; what's more immersive than.. ya know, fully immersing your field of view? Do you even know what immerse/immersive/immersion means?

Must be why all the games that involve sniping as a FPS use blacked out part of the screen so you are focused and immersed on what you are looking at, or when you ADS (aim down sights) vs running around... you actually see less screen and are focused and looking at one thing.... vs playing on full screen mode huge resolution and playing third person and seeing entire zone at once. What are you immersed in there? Playing a god and watching your world happen? Pfffft Unlcassic. Need tinybox.

And I wish night blindness was legit classic, and boxing is harmful to everyone and wasn't encouraged on live, and PNP is in place to limit reporting and hassle of babysitting you nerds by the staff, and without them we have no game. P99= Play classic, by the dev's/staff's rules. It's that simple.

It isn't perfect but that doesn't mean improvements shouldn't continue to be made, and this is a HUGE one for classic experience IMO. I miss it every single time I log in. It was truly my one great disappointment when I discovered p99 and logged in first time. From the second I heard the music, to log in, and since then, only one thing truly broke the experience for me, and it was missing the classic UI. Nothing is more classic than the UI.

edit: also my mage pets are floating triangles with arms.... not sure what your problem is... sounds like you aren't trying very hard to be immersed in classic content.
Closed Thread