Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

The problem is people don't know how to wizard. The waste mana over nuking mobs and then afk. If your nuke does 20-30% of the mobs hp you shouldn't be nuking the mob at 10% unless its on someone other then the tank or the tank is going down.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:29 AM
Fire Giant

DD damage generally is the weakest source of damage. Wizards excel in DD efficiency.... but they are only 10 to 20% more efficient than the all the other casters which have a lot more tools to do damage (except cleric). When you compare damage done by a mage + pet against a wizard its not even funny. The pet alone will outdamage the wizard, and not by a small margin.

That's why people who want fast xp don't like wizards in their groups. Literally every other class will contribute more to damage. Of course there are situations where the other abilities of wizards become important...

The cruel thing is that newbies choose to play wizards because they think they get the best damage class and then... they get disappointed quickly.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're min-maxing, a wizard is a pretty poor addition to a group. Luckily min-maxing in a seventeen year-old game is totally absurd and not that common at lower levels.

Join a group, use all your abilities, don't go AFK too much, and have fun reliving the good old days. Most people will be more than happy to have you along.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:50 AM
Large Rat

I can tell you as someone who is freshly leveling their first character (32 cleric currently) that I just grouped with a Wizard in HHK and it was great.

Like most people are saying on this thread, I support the idea of playing what makes you happy. It's about you having fun and enjoying the game. If anyone really denies you a spot in their group JUST because you're a wiz...you don't wanna group with that a-hole anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2016, 05:40 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can tell you as someone who is freshly leveling their first character (32 cleric currently) that I just grouped with a Wizard in HHK and it was great.

Like most people are saying on this thread, I support the idea of playing what makes you happy. It's about you having fun and enjoying the game. If anyone really denies you a spot in their group JUST because you're a wiz...you don't wanna group with that a-hole anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a ranger and returning from a long break from live, I am finding this already when looking for groups.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is people don't know how to wizard.
No, the problem is that wizards are (unfortunately) just a terrible class in groups. Sustained damage potential is arguably the worst in the game other than clerics.

In every situation you might want the niche abilities of a wizard, a Druid would make a better choice.

Wizards are really only good for:
-fast raid burst
-porting to hate/sky
-quadding
-porting for money
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-26-2016, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, the problem is that wizards are (unfortunately) just a terrible class in groups. Sustained damage potential is arguably the worst in the game other than clerics.

In every situation you might want the niche abilities of a wizard, a Druid would make a better choice.

Wizards are really only good for:
-fast raid burst
-porting to hate/sky
-quadding
-porting for money
^ This, wizards are awful dps. At best, very good wizard can make a mediocre addition to a poor group. I readily accept any LFG wizard to my groups though. It affords me the great satisfaction of moral supremacy for my magnanimity.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Magician can nuke nearly as well, has very relevant damage shields and has sustained dps via pet.

Its like comparing Percy to Spencer. No contest really.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2016, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

I Enjoy my wiz tho, it was my First 60 on this server
Old 04-26-2016, 01:10 PM
Banned

Wizards are one of the worst classes to group with for a variety of reasons

1) Bad DPS for virtually every camp compared to melee/pet casters
2) OOM AFK Syndrome
3) They don't synergize well for small groups (worst possible combo for almost any class? I think thats safe to say)
4) re-read 1, 2, and 3
Closed Thread