Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I still choose human, iksar or DE.. what would u put them starting points in? all in STA och perhaps STR/STA?
Go all STA, it's the most important stat for you as a tank, and all of those inferior races start with 60-70 less STA than ogres, meaning they need those starting stats in STA.

Dex, Str, both these stats are easier to get buffed or attained by gears later on.

Starting out it will be painful having low str and low dex, but in the long run it will pay off to have your points placed into STA.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you know that?

I have seen others say the same and you didn't chime in on their post they needed to go to RnF.

You know no better than me and from anecdotal evidence (same as yours opposing my viewpoint btw) ogre really performs above and beyond other races.

Try it out yourself, Danth.
Rofl

I can never tell if this guy is just trolling for giggles or he legitimately believes the horse shit he posts.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-29-2017, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rofl

I can never tell if this guy is just trolling for giggles or he legitimately believes the horse shit he posts.
No need to get mad. You are simply ignorant of the truth, while some others are aware of it. You are blinded by your Iksar love, you and Thomas but that's fine too.

I will show you someone that knows far more than you Troxx, on the topic of Ogres and hidden values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ogres do have hidden values
^Pretty much proves it right there.

Doctor Jeff clearly knows the game better than you.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I still choose human, iksar or DE.. what would u put them starting points in? all in STA och perhaps STR/STA?
That depends on what your goal is. If you intend joining a raiding guild, you will easily get STR capped, so STA all the way.

If you never think you'll get 60 or join a raiding guild then it doesn't really matter.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know no better than me and from anecdotal evidence (same as yours opposing my viewpoint btw) ogre really performs above and beyond other races..
They get a short-term stat bonus compared to other races for a long-term size handicap. I've never once said, gee I wish we had more ogres at this raid. It's a little too easy to move my character. (Eveyone hates them)
Old 05-30-2017, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They get a short-term stat bonus compared to other races for a long-term size handicap. I've never once said, gee I wish we had more ogres at this raid. It's a little too easy to move my character. (Eveyone hates them)
Shrink pots. Small inconvenience to manage considering the vast upsize to being a ogre.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

Cecily's complaint is about other people's oversized ogres making it difficult for melee.

As they are self only, the existence of shrink potions does not help dps when there are fatties that refuse to use them.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:13 AM
Planar Protector

I'm still laughing at the insistence ogres have a hidden stat.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:40 AM
Aviak

Especially since things like that can so easily be tested... Simplest possible test that has been done many, many times would be to take a halfling and an ogre with same haste %, str(attack) and weapons fight the same mob and parse their damage output (while not tanking), this should yield a similar value and thus 'proving' that there are no 'hidden' modifiers.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

I mean I get how this misconception could exist. Ogre starting strength is very stout which may lead the uninformed to just feel that Ogres (with their higher str and thus attack) are innately better. This isn't a 'hidden stat' though - it's right there in plain sight and ultimately negated in that at high levels with good buffs any race can and WILL cap their str to 255.

Racial difference are clearly defined.

For shadowknights,

Ogres have insane starting str/stam, slam, and FSI
Troll have good starting str/stam, slam, and regen
Iksars have bad starting stats, regen, ac bonus, and smaller size
Humans have medium starting stats and no xp penalty
Dark elves have bad starting stats, sexy factor, ultravision, and no xp penalty

Closed Thread