Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 01:58 AM
Sarnak

Default Iksar with future Greenmist vs Other Races and Plate armor

I wish to discuss what peoples thoughts are on Iksar Shadowknights vs Non Iksar Shadowknights with the current quests available in regards to Greenmist.

Thanks to helpful info from other people and other threads, I know now that Greenmist is not yet in game, waiting for the CHardok revamp. Also, that once it is finally in it will be Iksar Only.

With not knowing how long it will take for that revamp to be launched, for someone wanting to create a Shadowknight NOW, the question becomes is it worth giving up all that early plate armor and stuff and being an Iksar for an item that could be quite some time away?

What do you guys think about it?
Old 09-07-2018, 04:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing is worth being an iksar over, especially an ugly weapon.
Well I'm just thinking y'know? I can't stand troll. That's not an option.

And with regen. Say you're in your 30's. Your'e regenning 20hp a minute if you're not an Iksar/Troll. That's abysmal. I don't have money for Fungi or for a Rubicite Breastplate.

Anyone ever rolled a non regen race and wished they'd rolled Iksar? or versa? I expect a lot of soloing so regenning without heals is gonna be important I feel.
Last edited by Sillyturtle; 09-07-2018 at 04:54 AM..
Old 09-07-2018, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

Just play the Iksar, it's what you want. You know you'll regret it if you don't.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing is worth being an iksar over, especially an ugly weapon.
What is the graphic?
Old 09-07-2018, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Yeah went Dark Elf cause the ladyfriend wants a DE Necromancer.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Banned

Iksar master race in Velious
Old 09-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Regarding the timing question ... well first off Velious took seven years. I think that's very important to keep in mind: even if the devs are working at the same pace (and for all we know they're working slower now), and even though Chardok 2.0 has less content than Velious, it's still going to take them quite awhile.

But on top of that I also have a theory, which is that the devs know that when they roll out Chardok 2.0 everyone will think the project is basically done. But the devs also have a long backlog of work (I assume this because every programming project has a long backlog of work). So my theory ... and it's just a theory (but it's what I'd do) ... is that the devs will hold off on releasing Chardok 2.0 even longer, until they have a lot more backlog work completed first.

In other words, pick Iksar because you want to be an Iksar, not because you expect certain armor to be available N months from now ... because it's likely to be 2x or 3x N months.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-07-2018 at 01:17 PM..
Old 09-07-2018, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm, I wonder if Chardok 2.0 or Pantheon will release first...
Old 09-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Are you asking if the Greenmist is a class-defining item? No but it will be an eventually be a much easier quasi-epic to attain. I’d go with what you like the look of the most. That’s all that really matters, especially for a SK.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Speaking as a current Iksar SK, it is frustrating to see a great piece of armor only to find its not wearable. But whatever, I didn't come to 1999 to experience an easy game, and I chose IksarSK for the challenge and enjoyment of playing a hard race/class combo that i've never played before.

Looking forward to completing my Greenmist in the future, but not holding my breath.

I guess i am trying to say... well i'm not sure what I'm trying to say, play what makes you happy!
Closed Thread