Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 01:13 AM
Sarnak

tried a single spawn yesterday; that was a cakewalk: went to loc -1300 -3000 and killed a few PHs and noticed the 30s respawn; killed 5 SCs in 30 minutes after that and no ring, then maybe 2 more SCs in the next 3 hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

then took over doublespawn from a friendly shaman for 1 hour but no SCs there and then my internet dumped.

the mobs listed as PH in the guide - are they all PH for SC, or are some normal spawns on regular timer?
Old 08-01-2019, 01:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tried a single spawn yesterday; that was a cakewalk: went to loc -1300 -3000 and killed a few PHs and noticed the 30s respawn; killed 5 SCs in 30 minutes after that and no ring, then maybe 2 more SCs in the next 3 hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

then took over doublespawn from a friendly shaman for 1 hour but no SCs there and then my internet dumped.

the mobs listed as PH in the guide - are they all PH for SC, or are some normal spawns on regular timer?
I think (at least on live) the Flunkie was the PH, had to kill the Flunkie's off before Courier would spawn. The 30 second spawns regular mobs too, the ones listed as PH in wiki. I think I did 60 or 70 Couriers before the ring finally dropped. Averaged one every 20-30 minutes at the single spawn point.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 08-01-2019, 05:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnaak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did one of the single spawn 30 second locations with my Necro around lvl 25 of 26. It took 6 days of 4-5 hours killing until I saw a ring (but got a nifty all/all 1hs in the process). Ench is happy now.
What is that item? First I have heard of it! I tend to level my characters 20-25 on the 30 sec single spawn point in the hopes of getting a ring (while still getting xp)
Old 08-01-2019, 11:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is that item?
Sarnak Liberator

I still got some exp there at 25 and 26, but very limited, mostly from roamer adds. It did add up because of the length of the camp though.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 08-01-2019 at 11:09 AM..
Old 08-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

I revamped the guide (some of the text was outdated and referred to an image that didn't exist, so I made a new image, plus I added a lot of new info from this thread and tried to re-organize things better).

I'd welcome any feedback on http://wiki.project1999.com/Sarnak_Courier_Guide (or better yet, if you think you can improve something, just do so! It's a wiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

did an hour on single spawn, then 2 more on doublespawn that a kind shaman let me have again, provided i let him have it when he comes back. no luck on ring again BUT this shaman gave me the ring when he took over again. thanks for this superkind gesture, Gnomesare
Old 08-01-2019, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I revamped the guide (some of the text was outdated and referred to an image that didn't exist, so I made a new image, plus I added a lot of new info from this thread and tried to re-organize things better).

I'd welcome any feedback on http://wiki.project1999.com/Sarnak_Courier_Guide (or better yet, if you think you can improve something, just do so! It's a wiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
My laptop is in for repair at the moment. I think I backed up my install. If I did I've got about a million spawn locs saved which I'll add if they aren't all recorded already. There are at least 6 I've confirmed IIRC.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did an hour on single spawn, then 2 more on doublespawn that a kind shaman let me have again, provided i let him have it when he comes back. no luck on ring again BUT this shaman gave me the ring when he took over again. thanks for this superkind gesture, Gnomesare
Props to Gnomesare, that's a very nice gift!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My laptop is in for repair at the moment. I think I backed up my install. If I did I've got about a million spawn locs saved which I'll add if they aren't all recorded already. There are at least 6 I've confirmed IIRC.
That'd be great if you can find them. I "loc mapped" Lake of Ill Omen in the wiki, so if you go to the courier's page now it will show all the known locs on the map (and it will do the same to any that you add ... if you can recover them).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Props to Gnomesare, that's a very nice gift!
most expensive gift ive ever gotten, in game or irl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] considering its from a near stranger, my faith in the overall goodness of P99 community is solidified. LoveP99!
Old 08-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
most expensive gift ive ever gotten, in game or irl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] considering its from a near stranger, my faith in the overall goodness of P99 community is solidified. LoveP99!
I got given a JBB once. I was just trying to solo the entrance frogloks in Sebilis (in hopes of gem drops for my JBB fund) and this Shaman who was watching me inspects me, sees that I don't have a JBB, and hands me the one off his back! My jaw hit the floor.

There are some truly kind people playing on this server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But don't forget to "pay it forward" (someday)! It took me years, but I eventually got to a place where I could afford an extra JBB, and I when I could I went right back to Seb to find a new Shaman to give it to.

P.S. Sadly I've since forgotten the names of both the Shaman in this story, and have lost the logs that contained those names. But if either one reads this please chime in, and especially to the Shaman who gave it to me: sorry for forgetting your name! (This was years ago.)

Last edited by loramin; 08-02-2019 at 11:20 AM..
Closed Thread