Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 02:17 PM
Large Rat

Default Mortificator Syythrak not spawned in 3 days

Hello,

I believe this is either a bug or terrible luck on my part but over the course of the last 3 days, I have been camping Mortificator Syythrak for anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day equalling more than 17 place holder spawns. Im told this is extremely unusual wanted to post. Thank you.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

Terrible luck, has happened before. Odds of it happening is not super rare either since each time the tick happens it is the same probability rate, meaning it doesn't get better for each pop....think of it like that. So if it is a 20% chance, its a 1 in 5 chance EVERY pop meaning you can go days without a pop if bad luck happens.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

I am seeing a similar issue on blue.

10+ spawns and every time it's a 'lizardman mystic' PH.

How rare is this guy?
Old 11-08-2020, 03:29 AM
Sarnak

Okay killed 18 straight placeholders and gave up.

Players beware, this spawn is extremely rare (and/or broken)
Old 11-08-2020, 03:37 AM
Banned

The devs had no idea when it came to the spawn rates of named mobs so they just guessed when setting up p99. Almost none of the spawn rates for named mobs are classic. They are all far more rare than they should be on p99.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The devs had no idea when it came to the spawn rates of named mobs so they just guessed when setting up p99. Almost none of the spawn rates for named mobs are classic. They are all far more rare than they should be on p99.
Not true. This particular mob and the named orc were even more rare on classic servers. I know because you can read comments about the mith plated girth being worth 30k plat or more on some servers, here on P99 it's only been worth 1-2k plat.

This is not a bug, the thing is, these mobs are 20% or less chance (1 in 5 or greater) to spawn. They have LONG respawns, meaning you can go days without a named pop...the more that spawn does not increase your chance of seeing a named, it's 20% every time...so you can get 5 nameds back to back or 0...ive personally didn't see a Morti spawn in a 2-3 day time period but then saw him spawn like 3 times in a single day...

P99 has been open since 2009, tons of bug reports have been submitted about rares, even people like me put in reports on these rares - they only make changes when proof is submitted - find actual proof and the change gets made...
Old 12-05-2020, 05:16 PM
Kobold

I've killed the PH 26 times in a row as of just now... these odds are like Election scary weird.
Last edited by MycahDavith; 12-05-2020 at 05:33 PM..
Old 12-07-2020, 07:55 PM
Kobold

Finally spawned, missed a few 2hour timers, slept for a few hours... PH was up everytime I looked to restart the camp. Got the vest to drop today. In total about 32 PH's killed since 12/4/20.
Closed Thread