Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 05:34 AM
Banned

Default Dain head tormax

Even with faction and going through quest dialogue tormax is swallowing dains head with no reward which I also have an active petition for
Old 08-18-2015, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

what was your faction when u turned in?
Old 08-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=207417

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 08-18-2015, 02:40 PM
Project Manager

Tormax currently requires ally faction for:

-Dain's Head turn in
-Yelinak's Head turn in

His hail text (amiable or better) refers to tasks. If there should be faction requirements for him to discuss [tasks], I'd like to know what they are.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Discussing the task and hand in faction required should be the same - like Kael/Skyshrine/Thurgadin armor NPCs. Then people would know for sure if they could hand in.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 08-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Banned

dain's head @ tormax quest:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1027

2003 post:
Quote:
After getting my faction to amiable (even before I cast my 300 faction change buff being I am a chanter ... which got me to kindly) I have been waiting two weeks to catch KT up before he is killed.

Yesterday he finally popped!

I was lucky enough to be standing right at his spot to see him pop. It was kind of weird though, because when I first looked at his throne where he spawns, there was actually another NPC standing there. I can't recall the NPC's name, but I had never seen it before and it's not one of the normal NPC's that hang out around KT's throne.

After about a minute of sitting there, I then saw King Tormax pop right before my eyes and the other NPC was nowehre to be found. It was kind of creepy. =)

Anyways, I then gladly hailed KT and handed him Dain's Head to receive my Belt of Dwarf Slaying.

My guild then took him down swiftly and gobbled up some pretty nice loot.

NOTE: I was told that after you hail him, if he talks to you and offers you the quest, then your faction is good enough. I actually hailed him while amiable before casting my faction buff on him and he offered me the quest. However, just to be sure I cast my faction buff on him, which took me to kindly. I then handed him Dain's Head.
2002 post:
Quote:
Looks to me like high amiable is required (as is for the Tormax Head quest with Yelinak).

I can guarantee that Kindly is sufficient, however, having finally completed the **** quest after 3 months of periodic dwarf head donations to Bvellos. Never killed a single dwarf or dragon for the faction. Ha.

tormax's head quest @ yelinak:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1289

2005 post:
Quote:
Going to go cry now. Everyone else loves me but Yelniak says I'm a lump of talking refuse. =( But wait . . . what's this? I'm an enchantress! /cast collaboration!! /watches as Lord Yelinak's demeanor towards her turns from apprehensive to amiable and tries the Hail once more.

/skips merrily home with her new White Dragon Helm =)
2003 post:
Quote:
EDIT: 24 Frost Giant Toes, 10 Helms, 6 Storm giant toes and I am now amiable. The quest WORKS (so I guess I am high amiable...). Woot! Thanks for the boots Yeli! (Now get ready for some dragon smack-down you giant toe loving freak!)
2003 post:
Quote:
2) You only need mid to high Amiable faction to do the turn-in. You don't need even close to max Ally. Lord Yelinak was indifferent to me this morning when I conned him, I used Collaboration (I'm an Enchanter, raises faction by 300), and he was Amiable and responded to me allowing me to do the turn-in. From what I understand, Indifferent faction range is 0 to 99, and Amiable is 100 to 499. So with Collaboration, I had between 300 and 399, which puts my faction range in mid to high Amiable range.

3) As someone else posted, if Yelinak doesn't respond to you, you're not standing in the correct place. You need to be standing under him, pretty much in his stomach to get the hail response. If you're in the correct place, you will *always* get a response of some sort. If your faction isn't high enough, he'll call you talking refuse or some other form of insult, if your faction is high enough, he'll talk and give you the quest.
2003 post:
Quote:
Went & Handed in another 10 Helms & conned him again, was still Amiably, Hailed him & .......
Still nothing ......

So I decided to get right under him, standing inside him even, & I hailed him again. Woot, it worked, he talked to me, I handed him the White DRagon Helm, got the sword, handed the sword back, & got the boots !!!!!
there are several more posts than that, but yaw, most 2002/2003 era posts say you only need amiable

however, for yelinak's head to tormax, several posts suggest you only need dubious, several suggest amiable

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1028

2008 post:
Quote:
FYI I did the turn in while dubious to Tormax, plus he was the Fabled version heh.

[Thu Mar 06 19:36:25 2008] You say, 'Hail, The Fabled King Tormax'
[Thu Mar 06 19:36:25 2008] The Fabled King Tormax says 'Why do I even suffer such lesser beings in my presence? Remove yourself, Half Elf, else I'll have my guards relieve you of your head.'

I just handed him the head...

[Thu Mar 06 19:36:42 2008] Your faction standing with King Tormax got better.
[Thu Mar 06 19:36:42 2008] Your faction standing with Kromzek could not possibly get any better.
[Thu Mar 06 19:36:42 2008] Your faction standing with Yelinak got worse.
[Thu Mar 06 19:36:42 2008] Your faction standing with Dain Frostreaver IV got worse.
[Thu Mar 06 19:36:42 2008] You gain party experience!!
[Thu Mar 06 19:36:48 2008] The Fabled King Tormax judges you amiably -- what would you like your tombstone to say?

Went from dubious to Amiable. Nice.
2003 post:
Quote:
I handed in heads to Bvellos till I got to dubious with Tormax, then used sneak to get indiff. Have new groovy gloves!

Melodion
Bard 65
2003 post:
Quote:
As of 5/14/2003, I was able to turn in my Yelinak head to Tormax with high dubious faction. I assume the same will be for the belt.
2002 post:
Quote:
They say high amiable to do this. Warmly is safe bet. 20 named dragons in WW will get you to amiable Zek so you can turn in dorf heads.

tl;dr nowhere does anyone suggest you need ally faction to do these turn-ins
Last edited by Colgate; 08-18-2015 at 03:34 PM..
Old 08-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Banned

This is the information I followed also and it swallows my head I was able to go through whole quest dialogue with tormax now I'm waiting on my petition to be looked at😢
Old 08-18-2015, 03:28 PM
Project Manager

Pending update:

King Tormax will accept Dain or Yelinak's Head at amiable or better faction
Old 08-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Banned

cool, will the tormax head turn into yelinak/dain be lowered to amiable as well?
Old 08-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool, will the tormax head turn into yelinak/dain be lowered to amiable as well?
Not unless it should be, no.

Currently:

Dain requires ally for King Tormax Head
Yelinak requires kindly for Tormax Head
Closed Thread