Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 03:00 AM
Planar Protector

So practically no one
Old 02-15-2020, 03:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re kidding me right?

Paid protestors are as real a thing as the keyboard you’re typing on. I’m not saying it’s a giant Zionist globalist communist conspiracy to subvert the USA. But it’s real and there is historical precedent.

Research any US backed coup in the post-war era for a start. Then maybe look into modern left-wing political movements and you’ll see the parallels.
US-backed coups in other countries is one thing, grassroots antifa is another. You think the CIA is paying US-based antifa like they do abroad to facilitate regime change? Just because there are some similarities does not mean that A = B.

I'm from Portland, an antifa bastion (thought I moved abroad a few months after Trump was elected). While I am not an active participant in antifa, I know more than a few people who are very active in the scene. I have never once heard anyone ever mention being paid to participate. On the contrary, I have seen friends talk about losing out on money because they participated in a rally instead of working. Sure, it is possible that some are getting paid, but if so, it is far from the norm, at least in Portland.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:36 AM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2020, 08:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
US-backed coups in other countries is one thing, grassroots antifa is another. You think the CIA is paying US-based antifa like they do abroad to facilitate regime change? Just because there are some similarities does not mean that A = B.

I'm from Portland, an antifa bastion (thought I moved abroad a few months after Trump was elected). While I am not an active participant in antifa, I know more than a few people who are very active in the scene. I have never once heard anyone ever mention being paid to participate. On the contrary, I have seen friends talk about losing out on money because they participated in a rally instead of working. Sure, it is possible that some are getting paid, but if so, it is far from the norm, at least in Portland.
Apologies - I didn’t mean to directly link the any alphabet agencies of the USG directly to Antifa. I don’t have any evidence of that. I was speaking generally on the concept of paid protestors/political agitators - I read it as you were poo-pooing the entire concept of for-hire political disruption. My misread.

Maybe you know certain individuals in “Antifa” and that’s cool. Maybe they don’t get paid - that’s cool too. But I’m skeptical as to whether they don’t receive any sort of NGO funding. You can literally go on Craigslist and see job advertisements to go protest Trump events. It would be pig ignorant to assume that the most known and visible ‘resistance’ group doesn’t receive that type of support just because the couple guys you know in Portland involved haven’t told you about it.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:59 AM
Banned

as if the US is the only country in the world that could run a multi layered dis info/grass roots/insurgency PoA.

Infact, many other countries do it better. And im not talking about russia. To think that the one group you or your friends are affiliated with is not influenced by foreign involvement is absolutely foolish. Every single political party and its offshoots around the world has a foriegn government/element behind it. It's just good tradecraft.

Now, is antifa being steered and controlled by people above the grass roots level? in my opinion, absolutely. Would I affiliate with any political group that had an on the ground disruptor/agitation program, hell no. Would I ever go anywhere on the internet that is loosely affiliated with any such politica/economical/revolutionary beliefs? NO, hell no.

Do I completely understand the power of the US government and it's ability to crush political discourse? yes, and to think that you through voting, or protesting, or forum warrioring will change that is foolish.

Be careful where you step my friends, as you are tracking shit all over my elf sim forums from outside.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apologies - I didn’t mean to directly link the any alphabet agencies of the USG directly to Antifa. I don’t have any evidence of that. I was speaking generally on the concept of paid protestors/political agitators - I read it as you were poo-pooing the entire concept of for-hire political disruption. My misread.

Maybe you know certain individuals in “Antifa” and that’s cool. Maybe they don’t get paid - that’s cool too. But I’m skeptical as to whether they don’t receive any sort of NGO funding. You can literally go on Craigslist and see job advertisements to go protest Trump events. It would be pig ignorant to assume that the most known and visible ‘resistance’ group doesn’t receive that type of support just because the couple guys you know in Portland involved haven’t told you about it.
Meh, I don't care much if you believe me or not. Has no effect on me either way.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Antifa will never be more than a bunch of purple haired wimps that dont like to work
Old 02-15-2020, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Antifa will never be more than a bunch of purple haired wimps that dont like to work
wizard of poz, i call em, purple hair, purple beard. flowing purple robes (i swear i seen em in NC come out of church like this).

I followed em to the vegan bakery. Most amazing thing i ever seen. Wizard of poz.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:46 AM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2020, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

I thought this thread was supposed to be about racist play as black people guild?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread