Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 03:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now we all stand around like it's ec tunnel. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] love u either way though
WTS NToV Train Set. Comes complete with PST Officer OOC messages and passive aggressive undertones. 50kpp - Trades Accepted
Old 12-29-2020, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you got out of bed to lose AoW.
Fake news. I also used the bathroom on top of losing AoW. And got a glass of water.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:15 PM
Kobold

Dumb question, but the UN part of this forum is only for guild leaders, right?
Old 12-29-2020, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] yeah nexii come back to us bby u did us dirty WE WAS FAMILY
Going up against Jestuh plus being AG pop roll plus no DKP transfer from AM didn't seem promising
Old 12-29-2020, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pras livin that low RA life

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grats on being an overall net negative asset to Riot via anti-LGBT rhetoric warding potential recruits away

It's okay though I understand where such emotions (usually) come from and forgive it
Old 12-29-2020, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going up against Jestuh plus being AG pop roll plus no DKP transfer from AM didn't seem promising
Being in it for the pixels is so 4 years ago.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pras livin that low RA life

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being in it for the pixels is so 4 years ago.
Not according to Kabull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-29-2020, 04:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Nah the standoffs are kind of why my RA% is 2

Unrootem Mr. Rogean i'm so sorry and i know u put in all that work to root them... but please. I don't want to see this same shit happen to green. It was so fun and unique before. Now we all stand around like it's ec tunnel. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] love u either way though
The problem with unrooted dragons is that the monks are STAR PLAYERS and everyone else sits at the TOV entrance with their dicks in their hands. Dragons are conveyor belted to entrance and the zone is cleared in 45 minutes with no trash killed. It's a lot easier and it's free pixels, but it's not how the game was meant to be played and while I'm sure it's a lot of fun for the pull teams, it's lame for the other 12 classes in EQ. Rooted dragons forces players to crawl TOV, which was the way the dungeon was meant to be played. It's not the devs' fault the players turned it into leapfrog stalemates.

It doesn't matter though because the larger problem is that no matter what meta the GMs adopt, the raid scene in P99 is always going to be a nightmare. When winning is more important than fun, which to the end-game raid guilds, it is, your raid scene is going to be a toxic mess. P99's raid scene is what happens when a bunch of grown men try to live out their e-sports fantasies in a 20 year old elf sim with refs that are never on the field. There's a reason literally every sport in existence has refs watching and ruling on every play in real time.

I'm not trying to bash staff here, but frankly they're creating more work for themselves by being reactive instead of proactive. It's like instead of washing their dishes after every meal like normal people, they opt to let the dirty dishes fill their entire kitchen and then fight the swarm of cockroaches every day. If it was me, I would disable all automatic respawn of raid mobs, and every Saturday at 3pm my GM team would log onto discord, pop a couple beers, and hit the earthquake button. Then we'd have at least 1 GM in every zone with 400% move speed, no aggro, and no clip mode on watching every raid and issuing penalties in real time. AG, that's a train on Eashen, you're DQed from Eashen for the rest of the day and you get a 15 minute timeout at the zoneline. Better luck next time. The players wouldn't have to deal with boring-ass tracking, parking buffed toons throughout the week, all that stupid crap, and the GMs would only have to deal with the raiders' crap for 3-4 hours a week. It would be win-win for everyone.

But I'm sure some of you would complain because it's "not classic" or some stupid crap like that. I don't care.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with unrooted dragons is that the monks are STAR PLAYERS and everyone else sits at the TOV entrance with their dicks in their hands. Dragons are conveyor belted to entrance and the zone is cleared in 45 minutes with no trash killed. It's a lot easier and it's free pixels, but it's not how the game was meant to be played and while I'm sure it's a lot of fun for the pull teams, it's lame for the other 12 classes in EQ. Rooted dragons forces players to crawl TOV, which was the way the dungeon was meant to be played. It's not the devs' fault the players turned it into leapfrog stalemates.

It doesn't matter though because the larger problem is that no matter what meta the GMs adopt, the raid scene in P99 is always going to be a nightmare. When winning is more important than fun, which to the end-game raid guilds, it is, your raid scene is going to be a toxic mess. P99's raid scene is what happens when a bunch of grown men try to live out their e-sports fantasies in a 20 year old elf sim with refs that are never on the field. There's a reason literally every sport in existence has refs watching and ruling on every play in real time.

I'm not trying to bash staff here, but frankly they're creating more work for themselves by being reactive instead of proactive. It's like instead of washing their dishes after every meal like normal people, they opt to let the dirty dishes fill their entire kitchen and then fight the swarm of cockroaches every day. If it was me, I would disable all automatic respawn of raid mobs, and every Saturday at 3pm my GM team would log onto discord, pop a couple beers, and hit the earthquake button. Then we'd have at least 1 GM in every zone with 400% move speed, no aggro, and no clip mode on watching every raid and issuing penalties in real time. AG, that's a train on Eashen, you're DQed from Eashen for the rest of the day and you get a 15 minute timeout at the zoneline. Better luck next time. The players wouldn't have to deal with boring-ass tracking, parking buffed toons throughout the week, all that stupid crap, and the GMs would only have to deal with the raiders' crap for 3-4 hours a week. It would be win-win for everyone.

But I'm sure some of you would complain because it's "not classic" or some stupid crap like that. I don't care.
Holy shit, Heebs?! How ya been buddy. Haven't seen you in ages!
Old 12-29-2020, 05:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsjb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit, Heebs?! How ya been buddy. Haven't seen you in ages!
Not bad. Played WoW classic with a few RL friends for a couple months when it first came out, got a new job, had a daughter, got kind of bored over Christmas break and decided to check the p99 forums. How are you?
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Closed Thread